Atf Thompson Transfer - What Can I Do?!?

Hmmmm.. a tour of the NFA branch... I like that idea! This is why this board is great.

I actually only live two counties away from DC right up 95. Hell, I was born there and used to go there for work and Redskins games quite a bit.

Chris.

Edited by DC Chris

I have relatives in Crofton (just outside of DC) and I was there this summer. Never once gave it a thought to do a tourof the branch...wish I would have. Did make it to the NRA museum though.

Keep up the fight DC eventually you'll hit the right button and be rewarded. Good Luck !!

Chuck

First Sergeant-

That is where my brother and parents currently live right by the main golf course. Small world, eh?

I sent a fax last night with a redacted copy of my cashed check, based on the advice on the thread. Obviously, the BATF was closed today and I would think most people would take off tomorrow too. Hopefully, something will move next week before Thanksgiving week.

Chris.

Edited by DC Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I've been following Chris' plight with much interest as we are both residents of the Peoples Republic of Maryland, have WH 28's pending and had hoped to go make some noise with our Westies before the end of '04. Although I was quite aways behind Chris in the approval process, at his urging I called the ATF on Nov 14th, realizing that I was only 85 days into the process.

I got the ususal curt 'pending' response from the guy who answers the phone. I asked to talk to the examiner and without even a "please hold" was put through to Barbara Franklin's voicemail. I left her a message asking her to call me back which of course I didn't expect. I was pleasantly surprised when she called me back in about 15 minutes. She told me that my photos had become seperated from the documents and they had been returned to the dealear on Sept. 14. I called the dealer who said he had not received them but would call the ATF to inquire. 4 days later the paperwork showed up at the dealer. He didnt show me the post marked enveloped but he figures my call prompted someone to move them off their desk. They may have been sitting on his but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway I Fedex'd the paperwork back last week, tracked the shipment and saw that it was delivered, called the lovely and gracious Barbara today and she said my application was 'pending'. When I askd if she received the Fedex, she said that it was probably here somewhere but she hadnt seen it yer and would let me know if it didnt show up.

I think I'll call her on Wednesday. Moral of the story is, dont wait, call!

Since this was brought back up....

I sent a fax a few weeks ago to Dawn Henson. I listed my data, explained the timeline and told her what I did and what I was told. Even sent a redacted copy of the check. All I asked was for a call back within 3 days.

Of course, she never called. Sending a fax was a big waste of time. No movement two weeks ago. I don't even bother calling anymore.

So, I freaking give up. My dealer will have to take care of it.

Chris.

DC Chris,

Hang in there ! I discoverd the problem with my fingerprint cards after one of two pending transfers was approved and delivered; a Reising M50. The other pending transfer has it's 14 week aniversary tomorrow but still no word on it.

Unfortunately, the problem with the fingerprint cards (wrong ORI) wasn't discovered until 5 hours after sending in the paperwork on an M1A1. I mailed corrected cards to Dawn Henson, which was the approving signature on my approved transfer, requesting she forward the cards to the examiner who would be handling the M1A1 transfer. I haven't received a response on the cards nor did I expect one.

Apparently having one very recent transfer approved has no bearing on the length it takes to approve another one.

Chris, I hope you hear something very soon......you've done your time.

Good Luck

Chuck