The Semi-auto Frequently Asked Questions Thread

In the past when AF had mentioned organizing a separate Forum for the Semi-Auto Rifles, I opposed. When the question was once again raised, I opposed. There are some problems with having a FAQ. Nobody seems to read them! Not a week goes by when some question comes up which is pretty much the same one asked the week before by another. After much consideration, perhaps a Semi-Auto board isn't a bad idea. Though I don't know if it's going to be a complete solution for all the repetitive questions that seem to plaque the place. IF by chance another Forum is opened, I should think another Moderator would be necessary to construct a FAQ, a list of Suppliers, Ect. It could very well work. I suppose trying a FAQ first would be in order.

Is this the only message board you belong to? It is the lot of all message boards that simple, to you, questions are ask on a monthly, weekly, daily, basis. This is actually a lot less repetitive than most of the boards I belong to.

How come no outcry for the f/a noobies? Do you want me to spam the board with all the f/a questions that are already available in the faq's but still ask? You can't get the majority of the board posters to agree with you so you attempt to bully them into it? Why are you so intent on making a divide here? What is your real motive?

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Feb 3 2005, 12:30 AM)
Is this the only message board you belong to? It is the lot of all message boards that simple, to you, questions are ask on a monthly, weekly, daily, basis. This is actually a lot less repetitive than most of the boards I belong to.
How come no outcry for the f/a noobies? Do you want me to spam the board with all the f/a questions that are already available in the faq's but still ask? You can't get the majority of the board posters to agree with you so you attempt to bully them into it? Why are you so intent on making a divide here? What is your real motive?

I think a Semi auto FAQ is a good idea. So do you. Why all the flak? There is a FAQ at the top of the page that covers SOME things about the Semi autos, but mostly it covers the Full Autos. The board does get cluttered up sometimes with excessive questions and I can remember lots of questions that started off with, "I read the FAQ and didn't find this so here goes..." Most of the time it’s about a semi auto or related thing. I see nothing wrong with having a separate semi auto FAQ. It might be helpful and less confusing for a beginner who just wants to learn about semi auto and doesn't want to wade through the FA stuff. I am sorry if you feel that this would create a big divide or something. I disagree with that; it’s just a FAQ that is specific to a gun that functions differently that the FA.

I went back last night and replied to one months worth of posts that I thought would make good start for the semi auto FAQ's. Instead of hijacking this thread with your opinions and judgments, try contributing to this message board and impart your knowledge about the Semi autos, if you have any.

Hi-Jacking this thread? You hi-jacked the whole m/b. You bumped a whole page of post off the front page just to prove your point, that, is "why all the flak". It seems to me that you lost your argument and then wanted to prove how wrong everyone was for their opinion. Stop talkin the talk, and start walkin the walk.... Get the FAQ page done, and send it to Nick that's all I'm sayin.