New Form 4 Sent In 9/20/16

full auto 45

The sad reality of this is with the wait times, you could be dead before the transfer is complete. I sure hope my transfer doesn't hit the 10 month mark.

Thanks for the 41 ruling causing everyone to panic buy suppressors on trusts...

Called ATF on a different matter and checked on my M10/9.....the paperwork is being sent back due to the fact that I forgot to check a box on the Form 4. Shouldn't be too much longer I wouldn't think but you never know with the snail mail these days.

Thanks for the 41 ruling causing everyone to panic buy suppressors on trusts...

I don't understand why BATF didn't make these people wait and process individual transfers on a different time line. The backlog should have been for these trusts, which were the cause of the delays.

I agree. The whole thing is a mess but hopefully we will be getting past it soon. I find it hilarious that everyone is up in arms over the whole trust issue and caused this huge backlog. Everyone has to submit a Form 1 or Form 4 when something new goes into the Trust? Cry me a river, if you want everyone to play with the stuff then everyone should have to abide by the same rules. I would think that people would be happy that the CLEO signature went away.

I agree. The whole thing is a mess but hopefully we will be getting past it soon. I find it hilarious that everyone is up in arms over the whole trust issue and caused this huge backlog. Everyone has to submit a Form 1 or Form 4 when something new goes into the Trust? Cry me a river, if you want everyone to play with the stuff then everyone should have to abide by the same rules. I would think that people would be happy that the CLEO signature went away.

In my state obtaining the CLEO signature was not an issue so there was essentially no need for a trust. As a matter of business policy I will not assist a transfer going to a trust.

It's amazing how many of us never realized what a hardship we were undergoing by sending in print cards with the applications. I viewed asking for a permission signature to be much worse.

• Upvote 1

Well I checked again today on my MAC status since it was delivered Monday. Stamp was approved yesterday. May 9th putting my transfer right at the 9 month mark if you take in the week or so paperwork screw up.

It's amazing how many of us never realized what a hardship we were undergoing by sending in print cards with the applications. I viewed asking for a permission signature to be much worse.

ive got to do both!!!....WI still requires a CLEO sign off for pistol cartridge machine guns.....since its been over a year a Sheriff detective is coming over tomorrow to check my house...do i have doors and windows? a safe? an alarm?....then i have to hand him the mug shot and fingerprints.....the desire for a Sterling has led me to going through this.....i dont like the home inspection....i think it goes too far...luckily i have gotten to know the detective and he is a nice guy....

ive got to do both!!!....WI still requires a CLEO sign off for pistol cartridge machine guns.....since its been over a year a Sheriff detective is coming over tomorrow to check my house...do i have doors and windows? a safe? an alarm?....then i have to hand him the mug shot and fingerprints.....the desire for a Sterling has led me to going through this.....i dont like the home inspection....i think it goes too far...luckily i have gotten to know the detective and he is a nice guy....

Is the home inspection personal or state issue? Do all locations require this? I am getting ready to do my 4 cards next week.

Thanks

Eric

I never had to be inspected, but when I was 21 in TX, and bought my first M16, Sheriff Hohmann in Hays County, who was probably 70 years old at the time gave me the "Where ya gonna keep this, boy?" bit, and otherwise asked questions to make sure I was an above board college student who wasn't going to have it in the dorm. My next few transfers in Travis County were with Sheriff Bailey, who asked similar questions, and I was probably in his office for 15 minutes the first time. I asked him if he would sell the 2 Colts that he had in the safe close to his desk. The answer was no. The next time I did a transfer, he remembered me, and we just had a quick, friendly chat. The next time, he just said hello again, and signed...That was the last time I ever interacted with a Sheriff directly on transfers. All the rest, both in TX and OH, were just bureaucratic paperwork exchanges with an administrative employee who had the Sheriff sign them, and I picked them up later.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

My Sheriff wont sign off unless you meet his requirements....your house needs to have doors and windows...a gun safe, alarm system and ammo stored separate from the guns

they send a detective over to inspect these things.....i had to hurry up and put the doors and windows back on my house yesterday morning.....they need to do this inspection if you are buying something new and havent had an inspection in a year....the last FA i bought was just over a year and he let it go, but this time its 1.5 years, so no way around it....

he walked in the house and barely looked at anything....just wanted to be able to say he inspected...we BS'd for 15 minutes and he left...very,very nice guy....talked about how my sheriffs dept had 2 thompsons and they disappeared....no one knows where they went....suspected that they are now in private hands illegally

i live in a larger county and im shocked they only had 2 of them

I live in Washington county... My Sheriff, not only signed my form 4,(oh and no one came to the house) he gave me signed letters stating that he was cool with me having the class 3 weapon.

When I talked to him on the phone, he said the letter makes it easier if you get questioned about your weapon when out at the range.)

Steve

Huggy maybe you need to move to Washington county :o

Edited by z4lunch

i believe i live in the most conservative County in WI....i fought the home inspection by trying to get my local police chief to sign....he didnt care, but wouldnt do it because the city council didnt like it.......WI isnt the most conservative State over all....suddenly we are for the past few years though

you see the Sheriff of Milwaukee--David Clark on Fox news all the time w/ his cowboy hat?? he wont sign!!!!!

when i retire ill move to FL

Edited by huggytree

It is said Washington county is now the most conservative county in the country. Waukesha had held the title for a long time. I don't know if sheriff Clarke will sign, I've never heard of anyone actually asking. He talks the talk, but I've always wondered if he walks it?

If I recall the WCSD thompsons in question were effectively (not directly) sold. I had an opportunity to purchase a couple back in the day, but I thought the price was too high by the time I got into the food chain Nothing nefarious as far as I know. They did have more than two at one point.

Different states and local ordnances have different requirements even after 41F, as that had no effect on those rules. atf has chosen also to make up their own interpretations of some state statutes even though said statues have been forwarded to them noting why they are incorrect in their interpretation, specifically the WI statutes.

Waukesha county has had that procedure in place for decades and is very resistant to changing it even though they've been bypassed on many occasions. While always friendly I found it to be a huge invasion of my privacy and they seemed to compile a catalog on what I was purchasing which I found rather disturbing on many levels. Unfortunately there is no NFA voice at a state level to make any changes to the state statutes which is the real solution to most of these issues. The NRA had been approached as well as one other organization. None of them had any interest in pursuing a change. Hope the background info helps

Edited by johnsonlmg41

i only have the detectives words to go by on the Thompsons....how do you bypass the Waukesha Sheriff rules? i couldnt find anyone else to sign off

its too late now and i doubt i buy anymore as there is a limit to what my wife will accept and im way past her limit already

Edited by huggytree

GROW SOME STONES AND MAN UP, TELL HER YOUR GONNA GET WHAT YOU NEED, END OF STORY!!

or do like the rest of us, cower, ask for forgiveness after the fact, claim you'll sell something to make up for it (but never follow through), deflect and claim you were going to spend it on hookers and blow, and now that you've saved yourself from addiction, MG's actually made you a better person and kept her from a number of potential infections. Study Bill Clinton and see how he got away with everything? Once she starts doubting your sanity it gets easier and you are on the right path. When she walks away just shaking her head and doesn't say anything anymore.....you are getting close to paradise.

I'll be drafting a letter soon to the AG to try and get some of these issues resolved for my own convenience, and it may help everyone and make compliance much easier. I've been putting it off for a couple years now, but I have some stuff coming up where it will be a time saver.

p.s. do not do this on Mother's day or other specific holidays.