M1 SBR Kahr keeps jamming

Katanafred, As installed in the gun, you would be removing material from the TOP of the catch hole. Be very careful, as once you remove material, it can't be replaced, and can never be made to look right, even with skilled welding. Remove a little at a time, checking fit between filings. Just my 2cents.

Karl

Thanks Karl! That's what I needed to know. The three Kahr magazines I own have catch holes that are perfectly round - I'll hand file one as a test case. Dan (Deerslayer) on another similar topic suggested removing the recoil springs to allow for manual sliding the bolt back and forth to observe exactly where/how the magazine sits relative to the bolt passing over it. I'm still trying to determine if the magazine lips also should be tweaked.

Buy an extra magazine catch and modify it so all original magazines work.If you screw it up no harm no foul and you can always put some weld and touch up if you screw up. I believe thats how Dan does it.You can also just modify the catch it came with.

Thanks - great idea! Dan (Deerslayer) on another similar topic suggested removing the recoil springs to allow for manual sliding the bolt back and forth to observe exactly where/how the magazine sits relative to the bolt passing over it. I'm still trying to determine if the magazine lips also should be tweaked? Do you get the extra magazine catch from Kahr?

i bought a feed lio tool from a member on here and did all my mags. mine are all originals and unmodified. i had dan cut the mag catch to work with the originals. i have 19 mags and none of them give me a problem you can have your mag catch modified and the mags rewelded if im correct dan can do both for you. i had nothing but problems with my kahr mags they never locked in tight aor fed right.....it seems they never could make the elongated holes right. now i can buy original unmolested thompson mags smg and they fit as dan said the lip are probably tweaked out of shape. if it ran good once it will run good again. welcome to our world lol

• Upvote 1