Danger of Paypal Gift to sellers

huggytree

any transaction through a bank can be fought with the buyers bank or CC

Thats the danger.

A new service cant be worse than PayPal but still has that danger.

Usps money order? Nothing the buyer can do. He cant make his own rules. Con men are out there and their bank can help them steal from a seller

GB offers protection with their reviews. The threat of a bad review keeps people honest

• 3 weeks later...

General overall paypal warning story.

2 years ago, sold a Colt SP1 3x20 Realist scope (real early version).

Took paypal.

Long story short, paypal froze account for selling "machinegun parts" which violated their TOS.

Not just the sale price of the scope, but the whole stinking account (over $7500)

Why machinegun parts you ask, because I certainly asked. Well, it fits on an M16 so thus as an M16 this is a machinegun part (try to explain to a 17 year old girl in India it is not a machinegun part, because this gal who has never seen a scope, nor a m16 is the one in charge of the arbitration and there is nothing that will change with that, who they assign is who they assign).

Two years later this is still not resolved and still frozen.

so yeah, take paypal at your own risk.

GB offers protection with their reviews. The threat of a bad review keeps people honest

That right there is the best example of wishful thinking I have ever seen. Gunbroker no longer enforces actions against people who don't complete transactions. You have to have MULTIPLE MULTIPLE F ratings before they will do something against them (i.e. banning them or closing the account). they have unfortunately started to follow ebays example.

Gunbroker used to be great on this, now, not so much

i believe my ordeal with the buyers bank has ended as ive not gotten anymore threats or collection letters....but my paypal is still -$145....tell me they dont take sides when its resolved yet they still say i owe money.

me and the seller have both trashed each other in GB feedback.

no one won...both have wasted time, he is out $25 in shipping, both have bad reputation and my paypal account is no longer usable

i made $10 more when i resold the same exact mags and got an A+ from the next buyer....go figure