Cci Ammo/aluminum Cases

I tried the Search function but couldn't find the answer; has anyone used the CCI aluminum cased ammo? Any problems? Thanks for any input!

Personally, I'd never, ever use it in an open bolt gun. (Back before I learned any better, I experienced two case head separations in two different pistols using CCI Blazer.)

It wouldn't take much to tear a case head off, and with the speed of a full-auto, you'd likely get a second round shoved halfway in behind the torn case and experience an out of battery ignition before you knew it happened. If you're lucky with an OOB, you'll only get a face full of smoke; worst case scenario, you damage the receiver of a transferrable gun, and lose some flesh.

Don't risk damaging or destroying a $10,000 gun tryin to save a few pennies on ammo. If you're like me...like to shoot a lot, but Scotch-cheap you can either reload (easy John...we've been down this road before! lol) or you can buy the Winchester white box (230 gr fmj) at Walmart for about $20/100. FWIW, I wouldn't shoot CCI Blazer or any other aluminium cased ammo out anything other than a revolver.

My. 02

Stick with brass. You can save the empties to trade to someone like me for loaded cartridges. Once fired factory brass is worth lot's to people who reload, so any cost you may think you are saving with that aluminum crap can be recouped there.

To avoid confusion to you non-reloaders, that aluminum crap can't be reloaded. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Thanks for all of the input guys, much appreciated!

I've run the CCI blazer threw about every autopistol I've ever owned, well at least the ones them make the ammo for, never had any problem. I've watched a friend empty a 32 round sten mag of the stuff no problem, the TSMG however does not seem to digest it well.

BB