Repro M1928A1 canvas carry case

As a newbie, any comments on who makes the better repro canvas case and where to buy? I want something I can use and don't care if it gets stained, dog hair on it, or used but will give me some reasonable service. Also, any concerns from actually using one? I did go through the pinned topic and simply don't want an original. I do have some original canvas xx and xxx mag holders but use my re-pops there too. Thanks in advance.

I like the case linked below. Quality is very nice and it looks right. IIRC, I got mine from Gunparts, but a number of sellers have them. I keep my Philaord M1A1 blank gun in it, but a '28A1 will fit just fine too.

https://www.worldwarsupply.com/cart/US-WW2-Thompson-SMG-Case

Edited by TSMGguy

I got some web gear from them -fast and good quality. Be advised is stunk to high heaven. I could smell it before I opened the box. I washed the stuff and will see if that fixed it. Got a left hand M1911 holster that was pretty nice for the cheap price.

Vettom,

I may have an unmarked RUSCO 1921/28 style canvas case in a few weeks I would be willing to sell. Let me get and evaluate it. PM me if interested.

There is also a company in California makings a reproduction "Jump-Case" for the 1928/1928A1 Thompson.

The book "First Airborne Task force" shows a few photos of this case being used during WWII.

I believe that the company making the reproduction-jump-case is "WWII Impressions, Inc.".

It is listed down as "Container, Aerial Delivery, Sub-Machine Gun".

Regards,

RichardS

US Army, RET

Edited by Blanksguy