Ao L Drum Value

Need a price check on an original L Drum, no serial number, AO, pretty good condition

Just searched the Sportman's Guide web site, no Thompson L drums there. Want price check on an Auto Ordinance original L drum

You are going to have to be more specific other than just saying "original". All of the drums produced, even the recent junk drums by Kahr have auto-ordinance stamped on them. Is there a Bridgeport Conn. address on it with a "U" underneath? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif

Mike Hammer

QUOTE (RANGERRON72 @ Dec 26 2005, 09:59 PM)
Just searched the Sportman's Guide web site, no Thompson L drums there.  Want price check on an Auto Ordinance original L drum

It depends on what vintage Auto-Ordnance "L" drum you are referring to. There were several variations between 1921 and 1942. If you can be more specific or post a picture maybe someone can assist you.

The "L" drums on Sportsmans Guide were relisted a few days ago. Apparently, they have pulled the ad again as cancelled orders were filled again.

QUOTE (RANGERRON72 @ Dec 26 2005, 08:31 PM)
Need a price check on an original L Drum, no serial number, AO, pretty good condition

If its WW2 around 600-1000 depending on lots of factors. The thing that people are concerned about is the fact that a mail order company called Sportsmans Guide is supposed to release NEW WW2 drums for less than $400.00.

While most doubt that this will ever come through, there is still the possibility that the Guide really has a shipment of WW2 drums.

The later production drums generally suck ass and wont work without expensive tuning. Even worse are the $250 Khar drums that don't work. Everybodys worst fear is the Guide will ship new production Khar drums. The good thing is that if they do, they have to take them back and refund the money.

Sorry for the long reply to what should be a simple one line answer.

Thanks for the input, will post pictures shortly, just got it this morning.

I have several WWII drums. Bridgeports, Seymour, Crosby. The most I gave for a very nice Bridgeport was $600. Most were $550 and one was $500, the Seymour. These were all at the big gun show in Louisville. I did get one Bridgeport here at Indy for $500 3 years ago. Guy just didn't need it. Asking was $700. Cash in hand buys a lot of things.

• 2 weeks later...
Got pictures of the L drum in question, how do I post pictures here,

QUOTE (RANGERRON72 @ Jan 8 2006, 04:35 PM)
Got pictures of the L drum in question, how do I post pictures here,

Click the IMG button above the posting box and put the url where you have the pictures hosted... If you don't have hosting abilities email em to me at submachinegunner@gmail.com .....

Seems you guys are a bit short of drums. There are loads for sale over here in the UK along with lots of (oh no) de-activated Thompsons, both 28's & M1's, all of WW2 vintage.

The guns & drums are coming from Russia, so they must have a large stockpile somewhere. Unfortunately due to the re-enactors & collectors demands for thes ein the UK, the used drums are going for approx $520 & the mint un-used ones for $620.

I guess you could buy 2 or 3 Kahr Arms 50rd drums for that, or a couple & have them breathed on by someone who knows how they should work !

Regards

Mohawk.