• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 john

john

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:59 PM

I own AO 51983, must have been made close to the date yours came off the line. Mine is a U.S. Model of 1928A1.
Happy it runs well as mine does. Start laying in parts to keep it running and have fun!

#22 geefal

geefal

• Regular Group
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:53 AM

the #1 thing i look at is the rivets on the rear sight...if they arent silver i think its refinished....ive yet to see an original gun w/o silver rear sight rivets....

the finish wear on your gun looks somewhat correct...its been used......maybe someone tossed on a new rear sight at some point and did blued rivets....does the rear sight color match the rest of the gun? are the rivets the same color as the rear sight(like it was finished together)

its a nice gun no matter what...guys here can never decide on whats original or not unless its park'd.....

enjoy!

Just to add my two cents here also, my AC which was a police gun and never refinished does not have "silver" rivets either.

Generalizations on the internet are a bad thing and this is a great example.  One person makes a statement, ten people quote that, ten people quote that ten and now as 100 people have said it, it is fact.

#23 gonzo25mm

gonzo25mm

• Regular Group
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:52 PM

Great find, as a retired NYC cop, I would probably sell my whole collection to get one. Good luck with it! And have fun.