1928 Overstamp Actuator

The 21 type actuator is in a Savage receiver

NAC Thompson.. Which also has a few other colt parts stuck in it including a buttstock. It also has a blish lock with the ears cut off....I won't shoot it that way... But I do wonder how fast it would run.

No broad arrow marks.

Dan,

We have answered your initial question about the "Y" marked 28 NAVY actuator.

What can you tell us about the 21 style actuator you posted pictures of as a comparison piece? Several theories have been posted and we all agree it is not an original Colt's era 21 actuator. Chuck's post about reproduction 21 actuators from Sweden years ago highlight the potential problems in buying a Colt Thompson with unknown provenance. Unfortunately, there is a lot of reproduction stuff in circulation.

Dan,

Asked and answered. Thanks! Is the Savage a true NAC crate Thompson or an original WWII Savage Thompson with the NAC suffix serial number markings?

Dan,

Thanks for posting the picture of the NAC Thompson. I have been waiting on NAC 30 to appear somewhere on the Board or marketplace. A quick look at your posted picture shows a Colt's safety lever and Savage rocker pivot. The magazine catch and ejector are obviously GI. Most NACs are mixmasters. Anything else you can share n this NAC would appreciated as I plan to update my NAC Thompson story in the near future. A high resolution photograph or two like you just posted would also be appreciated. I am guessing a Bridgeport, Conn address on the right side...but just guessing.

This makes me further believe the 21 style actuator in NAC 30 was formerly a 28 NAVY "Y" marked actuator. Nice video too!

Thanks again!