Thompson Parts Kits From Ima

I read that "big" thread and went to their site, but it looks like anything to do with Thompson is "SOLD OUT". Do they not keep the web site updated? Do you just call and ask what they have in stock? Just a little confused.....

Blaine

aka Z3BigDaddy

I just called IMA and it sounds like they have plenty of kits available... BTW the web site they have is out of order do to server problems.. §¦-( So it has not been updated for some time... I guess if your into class III in general, and Thompson in particular, you need to be a S/N subscriber? Anyhow I ordered a couple of kits jfsag since others here seem to be very happy with them....

I ordered a M1A1 kit on Nov. 11 and it came yesterday. I asked how many they had in stock and the guy said- "lots". I'm happy with it. The wood is dinged and scratched but no cracks. All parts are in cosmoline but very little if any parkerizing. The barrel is nice with a blade front sight. The metal is lightly pitted in places. It should make a real nice display gun for my collection. I'll probably have to order a 1928 also. It is a unique peice of history. Mine came with a rear sight, the reciever was cut at the ejection port ( left about 2 inches on the barrel-no other pieces), all small parts and bolt were in separate bags. It came in a box about 14 inches square all parts and wood in bubble pack. Uncle Dudley

Not too long ago they appeared to be out of kits. I wonder where they got a large number of new ones?

Sgt: I called IMA and asked where they got them. The guy told me from England. My guess is these are the Russian guns previously discussed on this board and someone simply junked the receivers. If true, I wonder how they got around Klinton's order concerning repatriating US military parts.

There is conjecture that these are the Russian guns that took a detour through Britain. However, if this is true, at least some of the parts spent some time in Britain before making it to the U.S. The 1928 trigger frame I got on my parts set had remnants of black paint in a few spots and had the original serial number removed and replace with a different number. The serial number change was common under the old deactivation process in Britain, and the Brits did paint a number of their weapsons black from time to time.

We will probably never know where they really came from or how IMA got them back into the U.S. Let's all just take advantage of a good thing and stock up on nice parts.

Roger