Thompson Magazines

Hello,

I bought a box-o-parts at a recent show and was pleasantly surprised to find some Seymour mags buried at the bottom. There does seem to be an issue with them though. It looks as though someone has been bending the ears on the top of the mag that hold the rounds in place. Most of the mags seem to have had some work done on them and the rounds don't easily strip out of the magazine and some actually get stuck on the area at the front where there is a small outward flare. Is there a tool or form that is available to return the factory shape to the top of the magazine? I've never heard of one before but I thought I would ask the members who are far more informed about Thompsons than I am. Thank you for any replies and suggestions.

stingray656667

Thank you for the response and the information provided about the tool. I found the post and the pictures of the tool but I don't know any of the dimensions so recreating such a piece would be somewhat of a shot in the dark with regard to getting the dimensions correct. Do any of the members have this tool that they would be willing to sell or possibly loan out? Thank you for any responses.

stingray656667