Thompson Reliability

Everybody,

This just a simple question.

Has anyone on this board every seen a Thompson (of any kind: 21, 28, M1, M1A1, WH28, etc.) actually wear out to the point that it could not be repaired to function reliably again?

I am not talking about cracked or broken receivers, but receivers actually worn to the point that a gunsmith would say "It's worn out. Buy another gun." http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Some M1's went through years of hell in WW2 and are still being shot today!

Norm

I can't say I have seen one. Look at that one that was on the gun board the other day that was found in a creek bed and still runs like a sewing machine! It was sold in just a few hours! And it looked UGly. With a capitol UG! My M1 was a WWII gun and you know it went through hell and back and still runs like a top. Good question.

My Thompson M1a1 was a Savage lend lease gun in WWII, then was given to the French to fight in IndoChina, then captured from them and used by the North Vietnamese against our troops, then taken away from them by one or USA's finest and used for 7-months in rice fields and mud and rain and never missed a beat...taking revenge...still running and NEVER been arsenal refinished!

By the way...entertaining the need for a M-60 any body interested?