Wts Some Items Or Trade Towards Parts Kit

HI folks! New to the boards. I have a 27A1 and M1 Auto Ord that I am wanting to SBR and modify to resemble the real deal. I need advice and some parts kits.

I have some Iraqi Berets, Ghillie suit, DCU's (Desert Storm, Afghanistan, and OIF), some earlier US stuff, USMC 1944HBT, etc.....

Please help a poor fellow out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif I got the Tommy Gun flu!

MarkB--

Good to have you join us. Wow! you do have the fever, if you want to SBR two of the semis. There are a lot of good examples of members going this route. If you haven't already, you might check the past posts for the 27 modifications. For instructions to do the paperwork for an SBR, check our FAQ. Last I looked, there were some good guidelines for that.

As for parts kits, there's not a whole lot that you can re-use in building up your semi. You can reuse a 28 trigger frame from a 28 parts kit, but it might be cheaper to just purchase a surplus one. (check with Sarco or IMA) It will have to be milled to work with the semi parts. Also, some of the semi parts will have to be modified. I suppose you could salvage the barrel, but I think most of us just buy a surplus barrel. You would be getting one in better shape and also you wouldn't have the hassle of removing it from the demilled receiver. Incidentally, it is recommended that you have the barrel installed by a professional.

Sorry for being so general. Is there anything specific you need to know? Maybe someone could address that directly.