And for those of you like me who thought you'd see some cool guns in the 1917 movie and were severely disappointed, just know you can count on seeing better stuff right here!! And for the rest that haven't seen it, you're going to want to have a major interest in MKIII Enfields because that's all your going to see. A couple K98's from a distance. Saw a couple tips of what appeared to be Lewis guns, no Vickers, No Maxims....not even a blown up one. May have seen an IMA repro armored shield in one snippet. I guess there was a plot, but it was sort of a knockoff of Saving Private Ryan.....without machine guns? The movie had good reviews but I feel $11 violated since I thought it was going to be a war movie, yet there was little war in it somehow?

Maybe my interests are too focused? LOL

20200105_1200251.jpg

I wanted to see the 1917 movie in theaters but after what you've said maybe I'll just wait for it to be posted on the web (if it hasn't been already).

BTW... A very nice collection of Lewis Guns you've got there!

Edited by maxfaxdude

A work colleague watched it last night and rated it as a 6/10. He did say its worth watching in a cinema to get the full appreciation for the continuous filming (or appearance of) that would be lost on the home system. Story line apparently is pretty....lacking.

I'd bet that if you showed up with the Lewis you could get in. How long you'd be able to remain is entirely a different matter :wacko:

You'd be a god at the theater .....the only guy with a T-21 blaster they've ever seen. Now if I strolled in behind you with a Sterling and an MG34 your crowd would evaporate. No one has ever heard of a Lewis gun. I had a major militaria collector hounding me for an MG81 flash hider and it took me quite a while to figure out why, since I knew he was not all that into the guns and wondered how he even knew of an MG81? Then it hit me! LOL