Looking For Numbered Colt Drum

If you are looking for a Colt numbered L drum.

You can try checkpointcharlies.com

http://www.checkpointcharlies.com/showprod...9&categoryid=26

However I have SERIOUS concern on the originality on this item. When I called it was described as with a BLUE rotor. When I questioned this as maybe a misinformed description comparisons were made with other L drums they had some which had nickel rotors and some which have blue rotors, so I the 1st description was correct not misinformed. NOW we all know the Colt numbered drums should be nickel rotors so this would not be right with a blue one.

Sig,

It is not unusual for Colt drums with nickel rotors to be swapped for Worcester rotors at some point in their history. But if the covers have the proper markings, whether they are numbered, or just "NO" blank space, or no numbers or "NO", they would still be legit Colt drums.

The description on the Gunbroker drum sounds deceptively vague, but I bet its a WWII drum.

Arthur

I agree it common to see rotors swapped out. So yes it is original if the rest is as described.

BUT

I would not recommend paying the requested almost $3k for a drum that is not completely original,

heck I would have a hard time to pay that if 100% original!!!!

QUOTE (hughlong @ Feb 22 2004, 09:45 PM)
am looking for an "L" drum...Colt...with nickel rotor..and serial numbered. Anyone have one in great shape for sale?

try jerry at recon..sold him a mint NO numbered drum,with case.{the rare model}so they say.wink.ron