The American Thompson Association Show and Shoot-2016

Looking forward to seeing all our friends and meeting new faces.

See ya'll next week. If anyone has questions or comments feel free to pm me. It's sure to be a great show, as always.

Ron

Edited by ron_brock

Yes I stayed at the Gold Vault Inn at Knob Creek back in April. Lets just say the ride home Saturday afternoon/evening was an EXTREMELY long one. I can also tell you that the loneliest place in the world is being on your knees on I-71 throwing up while cars and semis are flying past you. My dad got sick Sunday and Monday.

I would like to attend but I doubt I can get the time off as I will be taking off this Friday for my once a year "let my hair down" 4 day country music concert. I will be represented as my "NIB '21 and 21/28 Thompson" will be on display. Ron Block you might want to check them out. I am on the fence about selling them as they just sit in my safe and I'm both running out of room and looking at an M1A1.

I'm really looking forward to the show and shoot this weekend. Can't wait to see everyone again! We will learn, shoot, drool, laugh, eat, and undoubtedly otherwise enjoy a wonderful event while celebrating the 100th anniversary of Auto-Ordnance, and the 25th anniversary of the event itself.

For those of us who spent this past weekend together at OGCA, it will be somewhat of a deja vu, or an encore...

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• Upvote 1

Heading out at about 9am. Can't wait to see everyone again.

Drive and fly safe. Remember - stay hydrated. It will be in the mid to upper 90's Friday and Saturday. Water, Gatorade and Pedialyte. If you feel bad, let someone know right away.

The shoot today was lots of fun!

Thanks Tracie and all the range officers and everyone who made it possible!

Again, I would like to thank the Hill family for hosting another wonderful event. Thank you so much. I would also like to say I had a wonderful time learning from all of the knowledgeable Forum members. Also would like to thank the wonderfful group of lady and gentlemen I had the priveledge of enjoying supper with Friday evening.. What a wonderful time!! Til next year.....

I talked to Tracie Hill this morning. Someone left something outside the range house. Something you WILL NEED next time you shoot. If you are missing something from your inventory, contact Tracie Hill and describe what you lost.

It was a great time. And the lobby chats were great until the wee hours of the morning.

• Upvote 1

Mike, I was going to GOOGLE to see what I was missing, but I can't find your phone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's funny!!

Amazing time as always. Gun guys are great, machine gun guys are the best in the world. If your reading this on the board and not attending the shows, you're really missing out on an opportunity to network with some amazing people and priceless knowledge.

Ron

The 25th Anniversary All Thompson Show and Shoot sponsored by the Hill Family for all these many years was a rousing success. Sorry, no pictures from me; too busy talking to old friends and making new friends. I am sure others will post some additional pictures and the next newsletter will have plenty. The only down side to the event is the time passes too quickly. May I suggest that those who have never attended start planning right now for next years show & shoot. Join The American Thompson Association (PM me if you need an application). The dates for next years show will be announced after the first of the year. Range availability is always the main consideration in selecting the show dates. Figure late July or early August for now. This is the premier Thompson event of the year. I guarantee you will see more Thompsons in one place this weekend than you thought possible. Meet the many Forum members you speak to regularly on the Board. Simply stated, it is fabulous weekend for the Thompson enthusiast.

Congratulations to Ron Brock. He is the new President of The American Thompson Association. The organization is in good hands. A big thank you to Past President Chuck Schauer (gijive) for his guidance during the past three years.

Mike, I was going to GOOGLE to see what I was missing, but I can't find your phone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I know what Phil does in his spare time with his computer, or someones phone, and a bag of Cheetos. Very disturbing, very.

A few pics from the show. I didn't get as many shots as I wanted, too busy talking.

1928 West Hurley in FBI case

Fullauto 45 - 1928 WH #587A.JPG

M1 Lower signed by Earl Mclung, Brad Freeman and Buck Compton - 506 Easy Company

Fullauto 45 - Band of Brothers.JPG

B&O RR gun and WV PD gun

Fullauto 45 - M1 #511626.JPG

Small drum collection (Not Mine)

IMG_2571.JPG