Front Grip Frame

Guest hardrede

Guest hardrede
I am having about 20 front grips frames CNC wire-EDM'd out of 4140 prehardened steel. Is anyone interested?? They are made from a CMM scan and are for the M1A1. (1/2 inch wide) I can have them blued, black-oxided or in the white. Any interest let me know at hardrede@msn.com

Do you mean Grip Mounts?

I have a batch coming off the line that will be ready to ship in about 3 weeks. Made to the dimensions and tolerances of the 1921 AO print. Same material and heat treatment. Look just like Colts, even have the proper bend to apply pressure to the barrel.

These would be correct for any model Thompson except the M1A1 (where they would be an upgrade)

I offer these with the barrel pad dimensioned for the 16” semi auto barrel also.

So I guess I’d ask the same question- any interest? Let me know!

PK

Guest hardrede
Yeah, grip mounts. SARCO used to call em grip frames when they still had em. I hope I didnt cause any confusion! Also, PK, I am looking into doing my own lower frames for the M1A1 that accept the removable stock. They are really straight-forward with a CNC EDM. Unfortunately, 1131 Steel is not in common usage anymore so I'll have to look at 4130-4140 or 1133. There is just so much waste though!!! LOL More chips on the floor than material on the table! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

What a wonderful world of manufacturing we live in today- to think that we can replicate things like old Winchesters (that required a fortune to tool and produce) in limited numbers at a reasonable price is amazing to me.

I am sure that if the designers of the Thompson (and other period firearms) had access to cro/moly steels they would have chosen them. Some of the older alloys are still around and working well however, especially when interfacing with original parts.

You will get no competition from me on the frames. Actually, there are two other board members who are in process on this type of part; we try not to overlap in our manufacturing- the market is to small and it’s better to provide a really good part for the Thompson community. I’d love to coordinate with you.

I surely didn’t mean to hijack your thread. I have been working on these Grip Mounts for a while but didn’t want to make them known until ready to ship; I guess I felt I needed to yell. My apologies-no disrespect intended.

Guest hardrede

No problems at all PK, the more parts out there the merrier. Like I have said many, many, many times. Everyone of you guys should be allowed to reimport a Thompson for your collections. And it should be LEGAL, not banned under GCA 68. I still think Bill Ruger screwed all of us. Look at the assault weapons ban of 1994. It specifically allows his mini-14 and 30 to be produced. The industry even admits it now. He also helped get the EO signed that banned the reimportation of American-made military parts. Nice guy!

BTW PK, I dont care at all about you"hijacking the thread" LOL... Just dont make any penis jokes, ok??? Thats my gun, its for fun. And "hardrede" doesnt mean I am hard and ready!!!!LMFAO You just gottta wonder what some people think about all day long. Personally, I think about women and their plumbing. I really dont dwell on other board members "members!" http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif