Thompson Machine Gun BB gun

I saw one at an local small town auction. I decided right off I was going to buy it. I remember playing with one as a kid back in the 1950's. I don't know anything about them. It is missing the magazine and one screw in the butt plate is messed up. I will have to drill the screw and removing it to see exactly what is in the stock. I am pretty sure the trap door for the butt plate is in there. This gun does not look like it was used very often, it is also missing the little knob on the right side .

It looks like a 1921 but the receiver doesn't say. On the left side of receiver says : Thompson submachine gun, below says Caliber, 6MM M1A1 with a serial number 1244194. On the right side, Auto-Ordnance Corporation, Woirchester, Massachusetts. U.S.A. Made in China. All capital letters. It also has the " Thompson logo just in front of the rear sight and is marked us property. It also looks to have maybe a real mag. catch with real selector knobs.

I have taken several pictures but haven't had time to try to upload them. I hope you guys know a lot more

information about this than I do. I will greatly appreciate anything you can help me with. Thanks, Charlie.

Edited by wv1928

As Billy noted, it's not one of the Carnival Guns

the real ones started on the East Coast in the 30s with the Feltman corporation

back in the 90s Jerry Prasser of ReCon Ord bought them out

Jerry really didn't enjoy dealing with Carnie folk and dumped those assets to assholes in Texas who blew out the company

assembled some guns, priced them stupid

don't know who runs it currently

Only real reference is Larry Behling's "Air Machine Guns" text long out of print I'm sure

6mm is Airsoft

Thank you guys for the information ! At least I know now something about it. I guess it will be a wall hanger until I find out what parts are missing. I will e-mail them at the link that R67 posted to see if I can get a manual for it. plus a short and a long mag for it.

Thanks again for all the information. Charlie

If it is the one I am thinking of the screws on the butt plate are fake. When you open the oiler plate, you insert

your finger and gentle pull the butt plate back and rotate it. Inside should be a battery to power the gun. The magazines

are readily available. They are fun to play with. You can even add a "light kit" to it that looks like a suppressor that

actually will light up glow in the dark BBs to simulate tracer fire.

Here's another .177 that's a lot of fun and works great. Get the Umarex universal loader with it, and remember that Crossman sells 12 gram CO2 cartridges in packs of 25. Just sayin'.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Umarex_Legends_MP40_CO2_BB_Submachine_Gun/4312

The carnival guns are still made and seviced in new jersey. Same as the Feltman guns. You cant just buy a gun though you have to buy the whole carnival setup. They have a website if you do a search www.shootingwater.com

Edited by Roland the Thompsongunner

Yea you do. In NJ. BB guns have to go through a FFL dealer who does a back round check. What a screwed up State. They only call it the Garden State because “mosquito infested swamp and toxic chemical waste dump” would not fit on the license plate. That is part of the reason they drive like they do as well.