1921 For Sale

Should be interesting, doesn't say it is a Colt but if it is!

Original matching serial numbers. One 50-round drum and two 20-round sticks. Good condition. Must sell in 30 days. Best offer over $15,000. Pictures available.

Contact Information

Name: Dan Smith

Street Address: 831 Buckley Rd.

City: Indiana

State/Province: Pennsylvania

Zip/Postal Code: 15701

Telephone Number: 724-354-2576

E-Mail Address: desmar357@alltel.net

Linky

It is a Colt in original finish with verifable S/N. He has received dozens and dozens calls. A lot of low ball offers from dealers, but this gun ain't selling at $15K as the selller is begining to realize the fulll market potential.

I just emailed him and then came here to see if it was mentioned. If his pics are good and it verifies out I might be a bidder. Matching nice Colt out to top $25K easily but if its 85% or less I am not.

Mark

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Apr 4 2005, 02:06 PM)
Looks like it's a $15k gun to me. No more then $20k

agreed. There is like no finish left on it.

I wouldn't pay 15 for it.

Hell I wouldn't trade my SKS for that thing... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

All 21's are the same age - all have some history - interesting how each person looks at a gun. Easy to say if you had the money you would buy it.

The gun is nothing special - finish appears to be poor.

If you had the money - over $20,000. this gun would be a poor investment. You don't spend this kind of money for a dog - I agree with John Jr. - Thompson greed has not set in this far. This is the reason the gun has not sold. However!

A fool is easly parted from his money!

It is odd that the only phot of the gun, the whole gun makes the finish look poor 85% ish but hte rest of them show a weapon with good blue.

Ah the vagaries of digital photgraphy-

I would have to see this one with my own eyes and if it looked as good as some of the pics I would go for it.

Can't really tell if that is rust or grease up behind the mag catch lever- must be nothing good- I know I would have done a great wipedown if I was taking sales pictures.

M

QUOTE (guy sajer @ Apr 5 2005, 09:36 AM)
What kind of games is this guy playing ? Now it says "Best offer over $26,000 " .

My guess is he's letting everyone know what the current high offer is. He's basically running an auction, highest bidder gets it.

I've always hated that type of auction sale. Decide on a price and put it out there.

QUOTE (Sig @ Apr 2 2005, 03:51 PM)
Original matching serial numbers. One 50-round drum and two 20-round sticks. Good condition. Must sell in 30 days. Best offer over $15,000.

Whether you like how he's selling it or not, you can't say he wasn't upfront about how he was going to do it.

If I was the seller I would want the most I could get for it. Sounds like he has found a way to avoid the 50% JC Devine auction fees and hold his own auction.

Good for him.

Hope it brings a bundle.

Merry,

If the buyer is incapable of recognizing a re-blue, then they will not know that the value of the weapon is about 40% less than one that was not re-blued. Any Colt TSMG that was in Earl's possession is suspect in more ways than just a re-bluing. But since there is such a premium on original finish, perhaps the market should be more appreciative of the unavoidable type of wear these 84 year-old weapons would accumulate over the years. Scratches, bluing diminution in handling areas and color deepening of the wood are to be expected on any firearm of this age. If there are entire areas of bluing loss, or conversely scratches that have been blued over, it should be obvious that these two finishes are pretty much equal in devaluation.

It is great that he is trying to get the most cash, but he needs to be upfront.

If he wants an auction then place it on the acution board.

I may just tell he $40K to bump up the price some more than tell him I changed my mind. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif