Xx & Xxx Mags In Sportsmans Catalog

I just got the new Sportsmans Guide catalog (Shooter's) and they have XX and XXX mags for 17.97 ea. TDhe XX are used and the XXX are supposed to be in the grease. Has anyone got any from them recently? Go or NoGo?

Greg

The better deal is the parts for 29.97. You get a firing pin, spring, extractor, sear, rocker buttstock catch spring and sear level spring. I got a bunch. Will let you know if GI. Rob

I purchased a 30 rd magazine from them and it wouldn't even fit into the mag well. Couldn't quite figure out why. Sending it back along with a drum pouch. They do seem to stand behind their 100% satifiaction guarantee. They even sent me a postage free mailing label for the return.

I ordered two of the XX magazines on their website last night. I got an Email today that they would not sell me those magazines because I live in Maryland. It is legal to buy and own the XX magazines, though not the XXX mags, in Maryland. When I called customer service, they read me some legal dept. mumbo-jumbo that basically said they wouldn't sell these items in Maryland, whether it was legal or not.

From what I'm seeing about the condition, I'm just as glad they wouldn't sell me the mags. Still, I wonder what else they won't sell me that's legal to own here. I'm going to reconsider how much business I do with them in the future.

They did sell and ship to me two sets of the 1921/28 "full auto parts set". I'm surprised they don't have the same liability concerns with those as they do with the magazines.

Be careful with the XX mags in MD. With very little effort you can load 21 rounds into it. That makes it a mag that holds more than 20 rounds no matter what it is called. I'm sure that this is they reason they won't ship there.

It's not illegal to own magazines of more than 20 rounds in Maryland. You just can't buy or sell them within the state. I can go to Virginia or Pennsylvania and buy as many XXX mags or drums as I can carry as long as I buy them in Virginia or in Pennsylvania, or wherever else I decide to travel.

You can also cram more than the designed number of rounds into some of the 10 round magazines provided with new semi-automatic pistols since 1994, but I don't think that this changes those mags into post-ban hi-cap magazines under federal or state law. I have bought XX magazines from dealers in Maryland since the law took effect. I was going to buy a couple at the last local gun show but the prices were too high.

What aggravates me about Sportsman's Guide is that they've misinterpreted the law and made it impossible to contact them to point out the error of their ways. They're also being inconsistent if they're worried about liability because they sell functional black powder arms and have sold functional 1890's vintage military rifles that are far more likely to hurt someone than a couple of XX magazines.