New Member, New Gun, Help?

I'm planning to hang in NJ for a while, and while money is not "needed" I am leaning towards selling so I can get a new (accurate) .22 for target shooting, don't get me wrong I love my .45 but I prefer shooting a ton of rounds through a single action .22 over anything, just my thing, Plus with my wife only working a few hours here and there part time having the bills paid off is really helpfull. But the first taker is still interested, but now it's just a matter of taking it to a gunsmith in PA. All depends on if it's even worth reactivating, he may give me bad news and who knows I may put it up on the wall if that's the case (dispite my wife's protests lol).

Oh and I did have to get a photo and dual prints (on a special federal card I had to order) ATF was really helpfull once I found out which paperwork I had to fill out through you guys (before then they did not really know details of my state and were all sorts of confused and clueless), it was form 10... I filled it out but did something incorrect the 1st time, they sent it back and walked me through, then I sent it back (but I didn't realize you needed a duplicate copy) so after they sent it back again I sent in a copy. (which they then sent back again because it was a photo copy and thus the signatures were not legal) so I went to my local PD and got new signatures and re- sent, then it was just a waiting game. The lady I was assigned (seceratary 12) was really nice and helpful even said she rememberd me from my "good looking photo" rather than my mistakes on my forms haha.

Ummm....NO !
Form 10s are for transfers to Government Entities ONLY .
If from the estate to you tax free , it's a Form 5.
If it's from your aunt to you , it's a $200 tax paid form 4. ( HOWEVER , in this case , the firearm is deactivated , no tax is due , use Form 5 for tax free transfers )

Form 1 is for us to make and register a new one .
Form 2 is the form 1 for builders in the business.
Form 3 is dealer to dealer tax free transfer.
Form 9 is for export.
Form 5320.20 is a temporary move out of state ( for a shoot , gunshow , etc. ) .

http://www.atf.gov/files/publications/download/p/atf-p-5320-8/atf-p-5320-8-appendix-c.pdf

Hope you don't have to start over.
Chris

Edited by emmagee1917

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I do not have a spike bayonet for it. But I am keeping my eyes open. I'll probably need a different barrel as the welded plug appears to be strongly in place. I don't want to proceed further until the approved form 1 arrives.

UPDATE, form 1 approved and in my hands. This has been a long long long journey. The gun is at Bob Naess right now for reactivation and hopefully soon back here. I already have 2 magazines loaded and I only want to unload them the way they were intended to be unloaded!

Edited by smkummer

• 10 months later...

gun now is live, Bob Naess did great work. The weld on the side of the receiver holding the barrel is not noticeable if you were not looking for it. The barrel is now deeply blued and so is the front sight. Bob carefully removed the barrel weld and saved the barrel. Along with indexing it to properly fit the forearm. Its been a 2 year process to get this de-watt out of New Jersey to Indiana and make live. I will fire it in full auto tomorrow. thanks Bob

• 5 weeks later...

WOW! I just stumbled onto this thread and it was better than any Hollywood thriller. Midway through I envisioned the gun cut into little pieces and the OP in NJ state prison. What a great outcome. Good job all involved.

Bob D

PS The form 10 part was better than the shower scene in Psycho.

Edited by bug
  • Upvote 1

WOW! I just stumbled onto this thread and it was better than any Hollywood thriller. Midway through I envisioned the gun cut into little pieces and the OP in NJ state prison. What a great outcome. Good job all involved.

Bob D

PS The form 10 part was better than the shower scene in Psycho.

Bob,

LOL, this was a good story, with an amazing outcome. I'm very happy that the board and its members played a part in liberating this MG from NJ, where had it stayed longer, might have become consumed by other circumstances.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Wow, great story!

Just FYI, as a young kid, I ran into 1 Ingrm M6 dewat like that. The father of a friend of mine in the Boy Scouts bought it through the mail as a "decorator gun." I am pretty sure he got it through Guns magazine ad in the early 1960s from Seaport Traders, who also sold Lee Harvey Oswald the pistol he used to kill Officer Tippet. The give a way was that distinctive front grip on the forearm. At the time, as has been said, the DEWATs were readily and legally sold through the mail before 1968.

Def. a nice Ingram. I'll try and look up my friend to see if he still has the Ingram. I know he still has the Colt watercooled 50 BMG that his Dad bought from Potomac Arms back in the 1960s as a Dewat. He paid $45 for it! Good times!

• 4 weeks later...
I just posted a live fire of this Ingram M6 military at Knob Creek on you tube. I don't know how to post the link, I tried just the video and was a little to large. Search Ingram M6 military on you-tube and you can see this gun in action. Edited by smkummer