Holy Crap Batman!

was watching a couple of items on evilBay and go away for a day and look what happens. I stopped watching about 8 hrs before it ended. Last amount I saw was mine at $55! Then last few all hell breaks loose! For a blue print. Who's to say it is for real or not? Check out the other items for sale and see the other print. Wow! Do these people have more money then sense? Duh! And nobody wants my chrome magazine. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

1921 blue print

I can't believe who the highest bidder is!! Its a guy from Canada called Brullen. He's been selling off a load of Thompson wood stocks amongst other things. I've emailed him a few times and he's no idiot so there must be something special about that blueprint...

Perhaps he plans to test the blueprint for fingerprints. John T. Thompson, John N. Blish,Theodore H. Eickhoff, Elmer Koenig, George E. Goll,Oscar V. Payne. Wow!

All kidding aside, I agree with Ben. Brullen is no idiot.

IF (and that's a big if) this is really an original blueprint and can be confirmed as such, the price may not seem as insane as it does a first glance. Just ask Tracie the price of some of his "original paperwork". I have seen document collectors pay huge sums for some documents just like we pay for Thompson-related items.

Roger

Being newbie guy here I'm glad some others spoke up... If this is for sure the real deal, including the provenance given, 510 bucks could be a fantastic price, Had I known of the auction I might have bid higher for it... Look at the money making potential... You could make reprints of it to sell, and I'm sure $24.95 per would be an easy selling price for quality prints. Just because something sells on ebaY™ doesn't make it evil, nor the buyer stupid.....

ZA3,

You may be new here, but you are a breath of fresh air. Of course there is tremendous significance pertaining to an original 1921 TSMG blueprint. The "blueprints" that sell at gun shows are obviously copies. The reason some ridicule ebay is because there is a record of the selling price for all to see. The absurd money spent on dubious items at gun shows are always later described as incredible bargains. Why? Beacuse there is no public record of the sale.

Me being an old person, and having once spent many hours and a young lad back in the 50's with tears steaming down my face http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif from the amonia fumes from the blue print machine, I would swear that document is genuine.

It would be worth the risk, to just own such a thing. It would look great on my wall with all my moden copies of the 1928 drawing that I own.

I will not surprised if it does sell for a big price. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

Folks,

There were two drawings for sale on ebay. The other one went for about $350 (same seller). I have contacted the buyer of the "cheaper" one, and he has agreed to make some copies for me to buy. You may see them in VA at the TCA show. Maybe if you want one (but like me cannot afford the original) you too should contact the sellers.

Amazingly, the ammonia story has already helped clear up my sinuses....!