Time To Process C & R?

It usually takes about 3 weeks. You need to include a Certificate of Compliance and send a copy of the application to your local LEO if I'm remembering correctly. No fingerprints needed for this one, just your 30 bucks and your signature. What a deal, huh?

It took me less than a month. Jay is right about cards and costs. I was surprised how fast they were!

Yup, it's a deal all right. As the other posters have stated, no photos/prints or CLEO sign-off required, only the Form 7CR, 5330.20 and a check for $30. You can also request the necessary forms by email or phone from the BATF National Licensing Center (in Atlanta, GA) or download and print them at

www.titleii.com

Once one gets their C&R, as well as running a bunch of copies while keeping the original unsigned, I have scanned my original in high density. I can print one out that looks as good as the original any time. Don't have to worry about accidentally signing the original and not having any unsigned copies.

And the best thing is, with the C+R and membership in the GCA you can buy from the CMP!

(Too many TLA there)

What happened to all the M3 Greaseguns that were part of the Tank Crew's persnonal weapons

up through the 80s. Does the military still have these?

While we're on the C&R thing here I have a question. With my C&R I know I can take my Thompson's across state lines. Is it just my C&R Thompsons or any of them. My 1928 WH isn't C&R yet so do I still have to have a 5320.20? Thanks guys.

fullauto, you're correct. Your C&R FFL is all that's required federal under law to transport your C&R NFA out of state. Any non-C&R NFA will still need a 5320.20. Of course, it can't hurt to file a 5320.20 for both guns just as a CYA to keep the local Barneys feeling at ease.