USMC 5-Cell Pouch

Who knows, unless its someone from the board that can provide insight. I like the idea of it. I think it looks genuine as a GI issue pouch (the pouch itself, not the modification), I'm just not up on genuine USMC markings. If that's a genuine USMC pouch that's been chopped, I cant see it, seems to me the value isn't there, however, as I'm sure you know, if the seller can prove any actionable history, connection to an event, person,pics etc, well, I'd have to eat my hat. It would be very informative if there were pics of the back of the magazines to determine if they've been drilled or dremel'd out for use in a SA gun.

-GI's back in the day, both Marines and Army, modified a lot of their gear and or made completely new canvas kit with what ever means available. WW2 Paratroopers of the 82ND and 101RST had their riggers make quite a few very useful items and mag pouches. But honestly I haven't seen much of this type of modification on a 5 cell pouch. Hopefully someone here can enlighten us on the deal.

Someone has modified an original Reising magazine pouch for thirty round Thompson mags. The USMC and RMCo 1942 markings are original to the Reising pouch. See the pinned topic in the Reising section of the board for details.

Pouch is legit, modification could be period or modern. I so far have not seen a rigger modifies pouch to accept 30 round mags, but have seen modern modifications to accept 30 round mags for subgun matches. A chance it could be modified for police department use as well.

The pictures are not great. If the modification is leather, Id say for sure its not military.

Ron

Edited by ron_brock

How was that pouch carried by a GI ? I don't see any fasteners for a strap or was it slid thru a web belt?

They where most commonly used on a m1936 pistol belt, the belt slide between the pouch and the loop on the back that has USMC stamped on it, similar to the WW2 1911 mag pouches

Edited by 1952HRA

www.charleyssurplus.com

Click on what you want to look for. Thompson 5 cell mag pouch. Ours is kinda almost light pink with the lime green. Kinda rough stitching. Stated as a reproduction. Definitely so. Works great for our use. Hope this helps.

site will not link. dunno why

Edited by HB of CJ

Charleys Surplus has them for $20 bucks plus shipping. Ours look very rough but much like the pictures. A definite reproduction.. We use it for five M1 Carbine 30 rd mags which fit with much stretching.

I am confused what relation the Charleys Surplus Reproduction Pouches have to the pouch that the original poster was questioning?