Status On Drums For M1's

Did a fast search and did not find anything posted since the AWB went away (then again maybe using the wrong key words).

Was wondering about options on modfied drums for the M1 (know not really the same ... ).

Based on conversations I have had with Merle during the past two weeks, he is taking orders for drums modified for use in the M1

Call him: 503-623-8294

I have only herd of this being possible a couple of times. How does it work?? I dont want to do any permanient mods on my gun. Anyone who has time please help me out with addl info. ALSO, I have herd that you can do a 28 stock adaption to an M1A1. I would gladly listen to any info on this as well. Again I dont want to permaniently alter my M1A1. Im all ears........

2Dogs,, out

M1 drum- the back mounting rail from a box magazine is welded to the back of the drum. The modified drum slips into the unmodified gun just like a box mag does.

Obviously, lots of details missing in the above description, but you should get the idea.

It is possible to mount a detachable stock on an un modified M1 frame via an adapter, but the results are not pleasant at all. The frame can be permanently modified for the detachable stock, just as a 28 is (photos in email on request)

You are right John, a 28 frame will fit onto a M1 receiver and latch in place just fine. The problem is the contour of the back of the receiver is entirely different between the two models, so it isn’t often done. It would be quite functional however.