My Latest Thompson Accessory

Wow, very nice. A V42 has been on my wants and desires list for a while. I’ve seen a couple for sale at prices that are rivaling some M2 carbine machine guns. I can’t justify the price at that. I hope one day I get lucky. I just picked up an OSS stiletto. My secondary collecting habit is combat knives.

I have a WW2 US and German fighting knife, but an original honest to goodness British fighting knive has always escaped me. Not collecting anymore, but a friend who was clearing out a friend's estate gave me this. 1976 NATO marked. And it matches my contemporary DPM jacket. One of my favorite years.

20201030_161008.jpg

20201030_161034.jpg

Jim C - I probably should have posted in the photograhy section - TBH I wasn't familiar with that section.

Kilroy - The OSS stiletto is a nice one, with spatula scabbard, a worthy piece for any collection - just be careful of that point it is fragile.

Waffen und Bier - My personal preference is for wartime (WWII) FS - but the NATO marked knives are becoming collectable in their own right now.

Great signed photo from the Iranian Embassy Siege, that's history there.

Speaking of contemporary...and commandos...met these two gents late 1980's/early 1990's and they were kind enough to sign a poster which stayed in my office until I retired. Now it adorns my home pub.

Between 1999 and 2001, I had the pleasure of working on the Haliburton security team in Algiers, during a period of high Islamic insurgency in Algeria and was one of two guys on that team, who were not SAS veterans. One of the team leaders participated in Operation Nimrod and he told us lot of tales, off the record, about that operation over the years, great guys and intersting times.
In 2000, while working on that team, we were also responsible to the security of your former Vice President Dick Cheney, during a visit to Algiers, when he was still the CEO of Halliburton. That was just prior to the announcement that he was running with George W. Bush, as Vice President.
Edited by rpbcps

• 2 months later...
Picked this up at a local militaria show this past weekend. It will display nicely with my SMLE, STEn and Thompson and soon a couple of 1940 Matchless bikes....and maybe someday a jeep.

20210110_133639.jpg

20210109_234339.jpg

Screenshot_20210109-134741_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Waffen Und Bier

Speaking of contemporary...and commandos...met these two gents late 1980's/early 1990's and they were kind enough to sign a poster which stayed in my office until I retired. Now it adorns my home pub.

LOVE it - I have an Operation Nimrod poster too - but not signed by Phil Singleton:)