My David Spiwak Experience

I thought I would share my recent experience with machine gun dealer David Spiwak. I have been looking for a nice M1 for sometime and decided to go with Spiwak. A while back he got 3 dewat thompsons in and he picked the best one for me. I placed a deposit on it without any contract or paperwork. The deal was once the gun came back from the gunsmith, I could get my money back for any reason because they sell easily. Recently the gun came back and it came out beautiful. It was hard to tell it ever was a dewat. Unfortunately, I had to pass on the gun at this time and asked for a refund of my deposit. David sent me my refund in a few days without question. I know there have been some negative comments on this forum about him and I just wanted to let everyone know in my opinion- he is a stand up guy! The nice one he currently has for sale on his website is not the gun I had the deposit on.

Glad you liked the M1 since I reactivated those three for David. They were welded both sides of the barrel at the receiver, chamber filled and welded to inside of the feedway and hardened pin through the grip mount into chamber and welded. Not an unusual DEWAT procedure but repair requires a lot of repair welding and finishing to clean up the sloppy arc welding damage. New vintage barrel and grip mount installed. Edited by Black River Militaria CII

I have used David many times, and he has always been a great dealer to work with. He has let me put deposits on guns and pay later, and he has even sent me random gifts occasionally when he has had things come in that weren't worth much, but made him think of me. These have been my experiences with all of my gun purchases from him.

1. Full auto AK - A very good price. It was advertised nicer than what it was, but you really couldn't tell until the gun was taken apart. I didn't really care, and did not bring this up to his attention because I was having the gun completely overhauled anyways to be "transformed" into an AKMSU by Ted Marshall.

2. Full auto Vector Uzi - Exactly as advertised, and a VERY good price.

3. 4 Colt 6933 SBRs - Exactly as advertised and cheaper than anyone else

4. Colt M16A1 Carbine - Gun was exactly as advertised. It was sold at market price, but Colt M16s were a hot item at the time. It was exactly as advertised, and the form 3 and form 4 both have 14.5" as the factory barrel length. It was a slightly used gun showing some wear (Which I was told and shown with pictures from David before I bought it), and I have since sold it and used the funds to be a mint "as new" looking Colt M16A1 Carbine.

5. Full auto MP44 - He actually talked me into buying this gun over waiting for an MP40, and I'm so happy he did that! I got the gun for a great price, and it was as advertised. I have really enjoyed it. It had some minor feeding issues, so I sent it to Bob Naess, and he has fixed them. They were actually mostly magazine issues.

6. Full auto MG34 - I got the gun for a great price. It did not feed rounds at all. When I brought this up to his attention, he said he was sorry, and explained to me that he did not have a range far enough to test fire rifle caliber guns on, and that he trusted the person he had bought it from. He then said that he would pay for me to have who ever I wanted to have work on the gun until it was fully functional. I sent it to Bob Naess, and after a GOOD bit of work which cost a good bit of money that David paid for ALL OF, the gun works great!

7. Full auto MG42 - David actually knew I was looking for an MG42, and found one for me, and called me up. As a repeat customer he gave me a great price that I could not refuse. I was actually surprised by what he sold it to me for, and he said he likes to take care of his repeat customers. When I got the gun it was a runaway gun, and also had some feeding issues. I told David about this, and again, it was explained to me that he couldn't test fire the rifle caliber guns at his range and that he trusted the seller. Again though, he said that he would pay for all repairs. The gun went to Bob Naess, and after the repairs, David picked up the entire bill, and the gun has run literally 100% ever since.

Overall I think David Spiwak is a GREAT dealer to work with. He seems like an old fashioned kind of guy who takes sellers words as truth when they say everything is working right, which unfortunately some sellers are taking advantage of. He ALWAYS makes things right in the end though, and that's personally all that matters to me. Top that off with a friendly dealer who actually thinks of his customers, and is willing to work with people on pricing and payments, and I'd say he's personally my favorite large machine gun dealer to do business with. I will gladly continue to use and recommend him for many more years.

• Upvote 1