USMC Colt 1911

Here was a nice find ... A guy wanted to sell this "old colt" a couple of years ago ... He wanted $700 for it ... After faking some disinterest I shelled out the money. It's a 1913 manufactured Colt that was delivered to the USMC. The keyhole magazine in it is worth $300 - $400 ... They were only made in 1912. The gun shows a lot of wear ... The grips have spots worn from shooters fingers over the past 100 years. The slide looks to have been replaced at some point and the slide stop ... But I am pleased with it ... Still shoots nicely, but I have 1911A1's for shooting.

post-260006-0-70272400-1490234701_thumb.jpg post-260006-0-83112800-1490234738_thumb.jpg

I know the feeling. One time I had a guy offer me a nice Colt 70 series Commander for $450. I didn't have the heart to bone the guy that bad as he didn't know what he had so I asked him "would you consider $650?" to which he jumped for joy and I felt better knowing I didn't completely rob him.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 363141 in just about same or a little better condition. It is all original according to the Charles Clawson book on military 1911's. I won't tell you how much I gave for it 2-3 years ago from a friend of mine, but it was less then you gave. He inherited it from his father after he passed, who acquired it from a vet in the late 50's. My friend passed away on January 1st this year, so it will be a treasure of mine to keep. I will get better photos soon.

1911 Left Side.jpg

1911 Right Side.jpg

• Upvote 1