German G43 Rifle

Hi guys, I know this is'nt Thompson related, but so many of you seem to have so much knowledge in other area's, I thought I could'nt go wrong asking here. Does anyone know where to get mag's for a G43 rifle?

I am a 98k fanatic, but if I found myself with a G43 one day, and needed more mags, I would start out at the usual places,ie, Sacro, IMA, both out of NJ, Springfield sporters, etc....get a copy of Shotgun News and call different places. If that didn't do it, I would do as you did, and ask on all the gun forums I could find.........Besides gunshows, and Machine Gun Shoots,like Knob Creek Rg in Ky, I would hit the re-enactment orgs. Most kraut re-enactment units have web sites(except mine), and leave msgs with my request for G43 mags................Go to Infantry rifles.com, and hit the 98k Forum..I spend time there, and there are guys letting loose with all kinds of stuff, even G43 stuff at times......you'll find them, keep looking............jw

Thanks junglewalk, I happened to find one on auctionarms.com. Sort of high though for a new repro. I'll check the others out. I'm trying to help out a bud......Greg

I bought my K43 in 1992 at a gunshow, shortly after the doors opened. Another gent was holding it and speaking to the seller while I peered over his shoulder, beginning to salivate. Eventually, before I hyperventilated, he set it back on the rack. I grabbed it quickly and said, "Sold!" It was $600. Was sure at the time that I had been fleeced. . .

It was a new, unfired, all matching, late war Walther manufactured example. It came with just one magazine, but I was fortunate to find another identical original mag at the same show. Being young and foolish, I just had to fire the thing. I found it to be reliable and extremely accurate, especially with the ZF4 scope and excellent repro mount from Sarco, which I highly recommend. It is very pleasant to shoot, having much less recoil than a 98k. I know that it's heresy, but it has some features that the Garand lacks, as it can be topped off with loose rounds, is lighter, and "points" better.

Recently I purchased a new repro mag on Ebay for $70. It looks great, and is even marked in the same way as the originals (K43, gcb), and the quality is very good. The only problem is that it just doesn't fit the gun without a great deal of "coaxing". I can't recommend these except for filling an empty mag pocket. Don't know whether it would work for shooting or not; it might, as long as you loaded from the top and didn't try to remove the mag.

I'd hold out for the originals, as the fit is perfect. Regards!