Kahr Thompson M1a1 Sbr

Arthur:

The original post, though specifically referring to a West Hurley Thompson, revolved around the weight of the weapon. Last time I checked, they ALL weigh pretty much the same. Then, as I scanned down the list, there you are with "WH are NOT THOMPSONS". Like you could not wait for an opportunity to bash them. What a troll. I don't know why I feed the trolls.

"Just remember that they are also at odds with Richardson, Cox, Helmer, and Herigstad. "

So what? Four peoples opinions (maybe less if you're indeed one of them). I don't share that belief, and a lot more out there don't either I gather. It's all in what you wanna believe. I have no hesitation to consider my WH a reproduction (I see them all that way really), but it is still a Thompson. What's the big deal? What-is-the-big-deal? I don't bash Colts. Love to have one one day (maybe for retirement;-) Love them all Arthur! They're all that are left. No H Mobius loop there, HAL....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what Richardson, Cox, Helmer, and Herigstad may or may not have ever said, according to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, the present assignment of the trademarks "Thompson" (first use 1917) and "Tommy Gun" (first use 1919) for use in the United States on US Class, Goods & Services: Firearms, including cannons, machine guns, sporting arms, gun parts, pistols, shotguns, rifles, submachine guns, and gun grips is to Saeilo, Inc.

Saeilo, Inc. is the parent corporation of Kahr.

I did not check for the status of the the bullet logo with the script "Thompson" or the block letters "Auto-Ord-Co". Nor did I do an archive search to determine the full chain of title from first use till the present to see what may or may not have transpired during the Kilgore, Trast, Numrich or other eras.

if you take a hur-lee and put in all colt parts,and take a colt and put in hur-lee parts and wood.

is it still a thompson???was not it originally a "payne" gun??? but "thompson" had more of a saleable ring to it...........

not sure how well "THE PAYNE GUN"would have sold..........wink!!!

Ron

Hardrede,...as long as we are defining the meaning of things here...the term` CUNT `has nothing to do with AF or Colts or BOTS...Its` origins date back to the womens` campaign to vote and the sufferage movement...CUNT...the real meaning stood for...`Can`t Understand Normal Things`....you know..common sense...therefore women should not be granted the right to vote...that was the thinking at the time....could have come in handy in `92...and maybe in `04....man did I hijack this thread or what,out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Chris for defending those of us who cannot afford a $10-$20 thousand dollar gun. My last car only cost $8000!

I purchased a Kahr M1 from Sarco last December for $750, a large expenditure for me. The gun is great and I've gone through 300 rounds without a jam or problem.

I collect quite a few surplus military arms and read alot of firearm message boards but this one takes the cake in snobbery. The prevaling wisdom is unless you own an incredibly expensive firearm you own junk.

I can't imagine an owner of a WWII Garand on the US military Rifles board berating an owner of a current production Springfield Garnd as owning a "replica".

It's about time us firearm owners stop attacking each other & realize we're in this together & they're plenty of others out there who'd love to deny us the right to own even the lowly Kahr.

John-

Glad to hear you are keeping them in the 10 ring and welcome to the board.

It is always nice to hear from people with positive experiences. After all is said and done, the most important thing (IMHO) is your enjoyment and pleasure with your gun. Shoot it, enjoy it and don't let someone elses views alter your future choices. Most the hollow arguments that are made in response to my oringial post are just that - hollow. So much keyboard bravado and empty assertions.... all I did is ask for some proof to backup these claims and and I didn't get a single shred of it - just other questions. People who have never owned this generation of Thompson are automatically experts and think they can judge because of "what they heard". Its kind of arrogant and sad if you really think about it.

Take care and don't make that your last post!

Chris.

Edited by DC Chris

QUOTE (john1976 @ May 16 2004, 09:48 PM)
I can't imagine an owner of a WWII Garand on the US military Rifles board berating an owner of a current production Springfield Garnd as owning a "replica".

You mean this type of abhorent behavior isn't pervasive on ALL weapons boards?!? Egadz!

John--

Glad you are enjoying your Kahr. I think they are lots of fun, once they're working. Consider getting an SBR for yours, if you haven't already. I believe that will increase enjoyment from an aesthetic point of view. I'm still saving up to have the trigger frame mods and SBR change on my 27. I've had the paperwork done for some time, but got side-tracked on other purchases. Maybe I'll get mine off to PK sometimes this summer. Don't get too upset by the Thompson pedigree issue. That was going on when I first came on board. I remember some of my very first posts dealing with Kahr issues.

John1976-DC Chris is right.Always enjoy what you have and stay positive towards the gun community.BUT REMEMBER: Don't take these guys too seriously.Enjoy them and learn from them.Anyone who is deeply steeped in a hobby lives for the details and the controversy!!It would be really boring if we were "nice" all the time.(I'm waiting for my bitch moment to occur-LOL).I watched the board for a long time before I first posted-but I really did'nt enjoy it nearly as much until I jumped in.I own a Kahr(THOMPSON) semi-auto that I love dearly,along with a Reising 50 that is really cool(just don't drop it in the sand).Someday,maybe,possibly,if enough relatives die and remember me,...a full auto thompson,and maybe not.....Still I adore the Thompson mystic and have committed "American Thunder",and "American Legend" to memory.....see i an starting to write like ron..wink.. Keep posting and remember whatever you do...keep smokin(thanks colt21)

REISINGSTAR http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

hey new guy glad you joined us.............you can't read all of my posts since i deleted a ton of them,but every once and awhile you might find one you like!! wink!!

hang in..............you don't need tough skin.maybea little armor........thats all............ron

I don't have any experience with the Kahr, but I like the concept of a factory SBR. If it should need tweaking, then that's part of the gun game. I don't know why people have to bait others with something they know is going to provoke a response. This is supposed to be a happy ocassion. Let's not bicker and argue over 'oo killed 'oo. I'm a Colt owner, but I don't see a problem with the Kahr SBR. It's not a 1921AC, but that wasn't the original question. The Norinco 1897 trench guns aren't original Winchesters, but they serve a purpose. A $300 repro German paratrooper helmet or jumpsmock isn't a $3500-$5000 WWII original, but not too many reinactors are going to run around in an original helmet or jumpsmock. Just a thought guys.

There's plenty of people who consider my 2001 vintage Colt SAA which was made by Colt at the Colt Custom Shop a "replica" because it's not a first generation SAA. The snobbery is not limited to Thompson guns by any means.

On the other hand I shoot my SAA any time I want without fear of breaking a priceless, never to be replaced part of American history.

SecondAmend, I've been thinking about buying one of those. It'd be fitting to wear one while I'm shooting the W Hurley http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif