Roll Stamping A Receiver

After reading the posts on the Silvers' thompson, the comments on the engravings brought a question to mind. When I have my 1928A1 rewatted, all of the engravings will have to be restored. Does anyone offer the service of roll-stamping receivers to match the original markings or is this done by roto or laser engraving these days?

Thanks, Ron

Roll marking machines and the dies used in them are expensive and unique to the application. They are, therefor, used only by the factories where large quantities of duplicate markings are performed.

The laser and CNC process are very adaptable and can be changed quickly and cheaply to a multitude of applications. We are seeing these replace roll marking in many factories these days.

I know of no one who offers roll marking as a stand alone service. If someone else has knowledge of such a service, I would be interested also. I would also be quite surprised.

Tiffany Arms from PA, as I recall has the set of roll stamps. They may be the originals, but I am not sure. I cannot think of the guys name, as I am old and senile, but it will come to me.

He is the only other TSMG smith from back east that does good work. Andewreski is one. Wait, Craig Jordan, I think that is the name.

Doug

Doug,

Do you know what era dies he has? There were, of course, many different marks over the years.

Contact information would be appreciated.