Best Place To Buy A 28 West Hurley?

Keep looking on the Boards, Sturmgewehr and Subguns...Religiously...grab it before someone else does...Post on those boards that you are wanting one, put a price range on your WTB ad...if you have Gunshows nearby, go to them talk to the guys who have the NFA weapons..

Getting one for a "reasonable" price is not impossible but you do have to do some "legwork"...

I got mine for more than I originally wanted to spend, but I haven't found one cheaper than what I'm paying for it. either...

The W.H. listed is what I paid for my Savage, only about a year ago.

I paid the same as Sgt for a Savage 6 months ago, too.

But keep in mind there is about $1500-$2000 worth of accessories - if the drum prices stay at $500+/per.

Good luck!

Start calling around your local (read: in-state) class 3 dealers. I bet only 5 percent of them or less advertise on places like subguns or that crazy Buddy site. I walked into mine about two years ago for $7200 at a C3 up the road, but I fear those prices are gone forever. Who knows, you may find one. My dealer, http://www.eliteguns.com/index3.html, gets them now and then. I know he's had four Westies in the past year. Might not hurt to call him (Jason) and see if he has leads...

Yea, Panda, I didn't notice the three drums and other accessories. That does help offset that final price.

My 28 Westie arrived at my dealer yesterday. Getting closer to possesion. I paid 10K with the 50rd drum but no other extras. I winced as I wrote out both checks but figured that was the most I would pay for a WH. Resist that urge for a 12.5k WH. Prices can be negotiated.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif Roland, if this is any comfort, you are not alone....Paid 9.5k last Sep, for my w/HURLEY, with one WH drum & 8 mags, from a gentleman in Tulsa, Okla; So 10k now, Jun 04, seems about on schedule..... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif ...and Jim, keep searching...It'll happen.....jw

Dearest Jim they are not the same price if you are describing "originals" as the early Colts, they are double what a WH 1928 wil bring today. I paid a bunch for mine in the box about a grand more than I should have but I wanted in before they could go up more as they surly will do-Next year it will look like I own it right even though less is better, at my age I would rather have the extra time to shoot it than search for it. Trying to get all the NFA types I want now and then let the devil take the hindmost regarding future price increases. Now on to the AM180 search.

Mark