Bought A Thompson

LAST WEEK I BOUGHT A TOMMYGUN I HAD ALWAYS WANTED A THOMPSON ITS A KARH 1927 DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT GUNS THIS IS THE ONLY ONE I OWN AND I HAVE NEVER FIRED A GUN IN MY LIFE I HAVE A QUESTION WHERE CAN I BUY THOSE LONG BANNANA CLIPS THOSE LOOK COOL I'M REALLY EXCITED THOSE LOOK REALLY BADASS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHERE CAN I BUY THOSE LONG BANNANA CLIPS THOSE LOOK COOL

Try Safeway... Any of your better stocked supermarkets should have those..Make sure you unpeel them first. Don't want your Thompson to jam up..

WHEN I BOUGHT MY TOMMYGUN I DID NOT BUY ANY AMMO FOR IT I AM GOING TO BUY SOME TODAY FROM THE GUN SHOP THE DEALER TOLD ME THAT I CAN BUY DRUMS THEY HOLD SEVENTY FIVE BULLETS I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT WOULD COST TO FILL DEALLER TOLD ME THAT THERE NOT ILLEGAL TO OWN ANYMORE I GREW UP WATCHING GANGSTER MOVIES AND ALWAYS NEW THAT I WOULD BUY MESELF A REAL TOMMYGUN SOMEDAY LIONHEARTE THANK U I DID NOT THINK SAFEWAY SELLS GUN PARTS I WILL CHECK IT OUT AFTER I BUY AMMO FROM THE GUN DEALER TODAY I WILL REMOVE THE WRAPPER ON THOSE THAT IS WAT YOU MEAN BY UNPEEL I THINK HOW DO YOU LOAD A MAGAZINE IT LOOKS LONG DEALER SAID IT ONLY HOLDS TEN BULLETS BUT I THINK IT HOLDS MORE Edited by Sam

The magazines are called magazines, not bannana clips. Lionhart was making a joke.

You can buy 20 or 30rd stick magazines.

The cost of the ammo to fill a drum is not a consideration, the drum will probably cost about what your gun did.

Welcome, you will learn a lot here.

If you've never owned a gun before, I would strongly reccomend taking a basic gun safety course from one of your local shooting ranges / gun stores. They're either free or very cheap and will help ensure you still have hands in two weeks.

Congratulatioons on your purchase.

Also, unless you have a modified magazine catch installed, the standard GI 20 and 30 round stick type magazines require an "oval" mag catch hole as is in the magazine that came with your gun when you pruchased it. The standard GI issue magazine can readily modified, but doing so makes the mag useless for full auto Thompsons so in the long run getting the modified catch is my recommendation.

Many happy shooting sessions.

TSMGDEAN THANK YOU I DID NOT KNOW LIONHEARTE WAS JOKING SHAME ON YOU LIONHEARTE THAT IS NOT FUNNY WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE SEVENTY FIVE ROUND DRUMS COST MORE THAN MY GUN I PAID ALMOST NINE HUNDRED BIG ONES FOR IT TO ME THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY I WANTED TO GO ALL OUT IS THERE A CHEAPER PLACE TO BUY THOSE DRUMS HOW ABOUT THE CLIPS I WENT TO THE TOMMYGUN SITE AND THEY HAVE THIRTY ROUND CLIPS BUT ARE FIFTY DOLLORS WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY ROUND HOLE OR OVOL HOLE I DONT UNDERSTAND I HOPE I CAN FIGURE THAT OUT IM SURE I WILL I MIGHT TAKE A CLASS I REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY NEW TOMMYGUN AND TO KNOW HOW TO HANDLE IT WHILE SHOOTING BURSTS ITS GOING TO BE A LOT OF FUN

What was a joke http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif ?? Indeed, there called MAGAZINES not CLIPS. Get it right..Your dealer seems to know just about as much as you do. There is no such thing as a Seventy Five Round Drum for the Thompson. They came in 50, 100 and 39. Current production is 50, also known as an "L" Drum, and the prices for those are no where near what you paid for your Gun. At least not right now since the ban is over. What the hell do you mean by BURSTS?

I AM GOING TO GO OUT RIGHT NOW TO BY SOME AMMO HOW DO YOU LOAD THOSE MAGAZINES I ALWAYS CALLED THEM CLIPS LIKE THEY DO IN THE MOVIES I CALLED THE DEALER BUT HE IS CLOSED TODAY THE LOCAL PAWN SHOP IS OPEN AND I WILL BUY MY AMMO THERE I AM GOING TO SAFEWAY ANYWAY TO BUY SOME PUMPKINS FOR TARKETS WHAT I MEAN BY BUSRTS IS THE DEALER TOLD ME THESE THOMPSONS ARE JUST LIKE THE ONES IN THE MOVIES AND THEY ARE JUST LIKE THE EARLY MADE EXPENSIVE ONES BUT THAT EVERY DETAIL IS THE SAME EXCEPT THE MANUFACTURE HAD TO INSTALL A LONGER BARREL I WANT TO GET A SHORTER ONE LIONHEARTE YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE MEAN I AM A NEWBIE AT THIS DO YOU TRAET ALL NEWBIES LIKE THIS I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT GUNS BUT I WANT TO LEARN PEOPLE LIKE YOU SHOPULD BE BANNED FROM SITES LIKE THIS IT SHOULD BE ABOUT PEOPLE GETTIMNG A LONG NOT MAKING JOKES AT THEM IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING WORTHWILE TO SAY KEEP YOUR TRAP CLOSED THANKS THOUGH ABOUT TELLING ME ABOUT THE DRUMS WHERE CAN I BUY THEM TOMMYGUN SITE SAID THERE NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW I CANT WAIT TO BUY A DRUM I WANT ONE BAD IM LEAVING NOW TO BUY AMMO COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO LOAD THE MAGAZINES DO I NEED A SPECIAL TOOL IM REALLY CONFUSED

I think someone is putting us on!

DTD

Yea, he mentioned pumpkins for targets.

I AM GOING TO SAFEWAY ANYWAY TO BUY SOME PUMPKINS FOR TARKETS

That is quite a coincidence as some around here make a habit of this.

Michael

DTD, I agree. Hey Sam, would you mind putting some personal info in your profile..... I feel a leg getting pulled here. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

i just got back from the pawn shop and i bought pumpkins im not putting anybody on why you some of u say that because i said i would like to shoot at pumpkins i have this gangster video where there shooting a tommygun at watermellons but pumpkins are more plentiful right now and there cheap i decided to buy this gun after the ban i hope i didnt create a problem here i just was asking for help lionhearte was rude but maybe he will get over his problems i bought some ammo from the pawn shop it looks kinda big i looked into the owners manual and i cant get the magazine loaded the bullet is to long i think this is a forty five gun is it not and not a nine the ammo box i bought says forty five on it why is it not fitting anybody have a clue does the maker offer a single stack clip maybe it would be easier to load up

So if your serious and this is your first firearm you should find and take a basic firearm class before shooting your Thompson.

Then take that oppertunity to have someone who is familar with firearms to go over your gun with you and show you the proper way to handle it, load magazines, etc.

Firearms ownership is a right that comes with much personal responsibility.

Don't get in a rush.

The ammuntion doesn't fit? Did you buy the RIGHT kind? Is it .45ACP or something else? Are you stupid? You load the Magazines, oops, CLIPS from the top. Just put one on top of the follower, and press down. Better yet, read the God damn owners manual you Moron...

i called a friend of mine who is coming over i told him what kind of ammo i bought the manual says 45 and i bought 45 the box says 45 colt on it those are big shells i cant seem to load the magazine with them what if i insert one into the barrel that mite work im going to wait until my buddy comes over he is bringing 45 ammo over right now i am going to set up the pumpkins in the back yard i can't wait i am going to take a safety course i said that already but i really want to shoot it today i bought a cleaning kit for it today so i will clean it when we are done i dont know how much ammo he is bringing but i hope a lot lionhearte you seem like a mean man

ARE YOU FOR REAL?

Lord, go read all the back postings on this site.

If you don't know the difference between a .45 Long Colt and a .45 ACP round, you have zero business trying to fire that 1927 until you learn a WHOLE lot more.

I'm not being nasty, just realistic.

Ps. DON't try to fire .45 Long Colt in the 1927 by dropping one round into the bbl. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif

IF and i do mean if, you are for real, and i don't think you are and i get the feeling neither does LH. i hope i'm wrong about this.

you picked the wrong carbine to be your first gun. these things need a good deal of knowledgable attention to run right. something you seem to be greatly lacking.

i don't know how else to put it, these new made kahrs are not a "beginer gun". it would seem you have NO clue about firearms, it also seems your dealer is a dumbass.

i STRONGLY suggest you do great deal of studying BEFORE you make ANY attempt to fire this weapon.

i wish someone had warned me first I dropped one of those shells in the chamber and pulled back the the handle that was really hard to cock i had the gun loaded but i didnt think that it would be safe to shoot i tried to pull the bolt back to take the bullet out but it would not come out i inserted a dowl from the end of the barrel and i pounded the bullet out but the bolt was knocking back and forth i had the safety on it went ok i did not have a problem after that i like this big gun it is heavy but i have mussles to carry it i eat a lot of weaties i m just joking about that part but it is heavy i know i will learn to handle it in a safe manner i wont shoot my eye out i promise i dont know why some of you have bad comments my english is not that great but i did learn how to write english a few years ago i am new at this so be nice oh my friend just got here i got to go im going to shoot my tommygun wish me luck

You are a real DUMB ASS. You will either end up killing yourself or someone else. If your going to be stupid, in this case, it seems as if you can't help that, do it by yourself. No sence dangering others around you. You may be 100% for real, hell I don't know, but if you are, you really need to learn how to be safe while handling firearms. There fun, and a joy to shoot, but if your not careful, you or someone else, will end up injured or dead. Stupid Somebitch..

its people like that, that give responsible gun owners a bad name

i can see the headlines now

"man buys thomspon machine gun and shoots friend in the head" , notice how i said machine gun, becuase thats what the media would say and then they say "wouldnt have happend if the awb would not have expired

what is a troll i bought my thompson last week and waited three whole days to pick it up i found this site last night and posted today to say hi and to learn i don't have any mean things to say to anyone i just want to learn as much as i can everybody had to start from somewhere my friend stopped by and gave me the right ammo but it has started to rain i am going to try to shoot it later after the rain i hope it goes away soon lionhearte started attacks an some of you followed him but that is wrong i think lionhearte should be banned he is a name caller and a rude person i don't like the way he talks and the way some of you had talked either cant we just get along

do s anyone here have any drums for sale how much do they cost