New Thompson Accessorie

GORDON’S THOMPSON ACCESSORIES:

NEW PRODUCT: COLT TYPE “FLAT†EJECTORS

For all my Thompson collector friends. I have just finished a new production run of the rare and disired, Colt type “Flat Ejectorâ€. These are fine as quality will allow.

These new Ejectors are made from the same steel (1095), as per the originals and hardened to the same specs.

This limited run was made in the US of A and the quality controlled by me.

This quality piece is a must, if you are restoring a Colt, or a GI, or any other type of Thompson, including putting the final touches on a Richardson receiver. This flat ejector adds class to any Thompson.

These are for sale for $90.00, shipping and handling included.

Check or MO or PayPal to:

GORDON HERIGSTAD

1632 W. 10th Street

San Pedro, California 90732

ph. 310-8319339

fax 310-8319338

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

$5.00 from Sarco. These must be REAAAALLLLY nice parts.

QUOTE (John Jr @ Oct 27 2004, 09:49 AM)

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

$5.00 from Sarco. These must be REAAAALLLLY nice parts.

Are you sure Sarco parts are flat, and not riveted? In any case, I doubt Gordons have a big S stamped underenath.

Doug

I doubt Gordons have a big S stamped underenath.

I am sure they are blank (not marked). If I remember correctly the original colt parts are not marked either. I hope for the colt folks that there is some way to tell the difference. (I am not a buyer for stuff like this anyway and my original post was mostly out of shock at that price. To me thats just another good reason to buy GI, lots of parts at fair prices)

John Jr

Guys I sell a lot of parts and I can't tell you how many calls I get for this part. I talked to Gordon at the Thompson show and was pleased that someone took the time and MONEY to do this. This gentleman has a vast knowledge of Colt Thompsons. Lets give him the benefit of doubt on this one. I looked into reproing some items and to do it in the good ole USA was prohibitive, I will not do the Chinese thing. My guess he's not getting rich on this item! Just my .02.

Be sure to watch out for another purist warning and criticism about this part in the next Thompson Collectors News. Similar to the hit piece done a couple of issues ago on the repro spare parts boxes.  ftc3906

Why GH wouldn't scribe his own "GH" on the back of the ejector is another potential problem were previously none existed.

The "hit" piece in TCN about the unmarked spare parts box was done by Tracey Hill himself. At least the box did have identifiable differences compared to the original box, or so those who own them have declared. . If this is so, why would anyone wanting to purchase the box be upset over a mark if the box itself betrays it as a replica?

The ejector has less nuances for there to be an easy way to determine it's originality. The omission of a mark on this piece is really a glaring mis calculation. Considering how many Savage ejectors are in Colt TSMG's that will now sport the GH ones, we will fall back on the Caveat Emptor credo again.

Again, I was just shocked at that price. I am sure they are worth it to a certain few and if a colt Thompson did not have a correct one, it would be an option that was previously unavailable. It takes an incredible devotion to ones hobby to do something like this and we are lucky for Gordon in that respect. If it were not for him and his visions I doubt this option would even be available, but I ain't paying $90 for a $5 part.

Have a great day.

Jr

You will welcome one - if you have a 21 and it needs the correct part. Gordon's sales will be limited - an owner of a Karr 27 could care less, however if your gun came with a flat one you will be happy just to find one. I remember many threads back when people were looking for flat and couldnt find any. This is why Gordon stated making them.

I think it is a devotiion to a hobby to pay over $20,000 for a 1921, but I have. Also what paper items are worth over $500. - only if you don't have them.

Another spare part to own if you have a 21.

I bought a Savage flat ejector from IMA last year at Knob Creek for $50.00. They only had two and NOBODY else there had any and I looked high and low. Sarco certainly does not have this part and if they did I can promiss you it would be more than $90.00. If Gordon wants to make these I am sure there will be a market for them. If you don't want one then don't buy one. But there is no reason to dog him for making this hard to find part available to those who are intrested. IMHO

I had four original flat ejectors with light pitting and sold them as soon as they hit ebay...about 8 months ago...for 90-125 per...like a doughhead that i am i did not keep one for myself...i am going to pick one of those flat ones up from Gordon at the SAR show...if he has any left...crap they look a ton better than those cheap riveted ones...and probably made better too...i know, i know...they don't make the gun shoot better, but since I don't have an old lady to dress up and admire, just as well dress up the 'Tommy Gun' properly...

Hi Gordon,

Welcome to the Thompson SMG Message Board at MachineGunBooks.com. You will find most everyone nice to get along with - and very opinionated about something dealing with the TSMG. It is a great place to learn about the Thompson and share your interest with others around the world. We all know about your great book; the real smart board members own a copy (I could not resist http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif ) Please join in a thread or two. I know everyone here would enjoy hearing what you have to say on any topic.

I think it is great you are reproducing the flat ejectors. This is something that has been needed for some time now. I finally found a brand new flat Savage ejector a few weeks ago for $70 plus shipping and thought it was a great deal. I would have certainly bought one of yours if it had been on the market then. Again, welcome to the board and please don't be a stranger.

TD.

I am a big fan of 100%, original, genuine reproductions.

Without them, there would be tens of thousands of Corvettes that looked like shit becuse they would be missing parts, honked up parts, or have incorrect looking parts on them.

Who really cares? I don't. Though I suppose if one owned an authentic, never been driven, 1967 427 tripower, it would dilute his investment and standing in the NCRS if any old schmuck could make his 200K mile machine look brand new by the addition of reproduction parts.

Why should Colt TSMGs be consigned the same fate with riveted ejectors, or one that say * made by Gordon* under the flap?

Doug

Unless I missed it, Gordon didn’t say weather his part was marked or not.

As someone quite familiar with the manufacturing process I feel somewhat qualified to say that if he has made these just as the originals were, $90 is a bargain. There is more scrap removed than there is part left on that one, add thread timing and polishing, etc- it adds up quickly.

The guys who want one of these won't hesitate for a second. They'll simply see names associated with the product that are well known and respected and will place an order. An excellent quality reproduction part is always better than the wrong part.

Folks will say, "Cavaet emptor", when a reproduction is of poor quality and can be spotted from a distance. If the reproduction is truely excellent, indignation sets in. Anything incorrectly marked, or marked "fake" or "reproduction" or "made in 2004" won't sell. It's a fact. (I'm talking about visible marks here, not discreetly done markings like PK's tasteful Diamond "K" logo that are not visible with the piece assembled. I wish that the one that I asked him to apply to the exterior of my WH M1 were larger!)

I see US WWII re-enactors running around in the most glorious khaki field gear, all of it reproduction. I'd be indignant, too, if the value of my overpriced collection of originals (that I dared not even use) died overnight! All of the accessories associated with the Zf4 scope on my K43 rifle are astounding reproductions from Eastern Europe. Just a few weeks ago, a beautifully wrapped package from the Czech Republic arrived on my doorstep. Inside was a perfect Zf4 scope box made with wonderful attention to detail. As a buyer for this stuff, I know that I'm the guy responsible for its proliferation. Losing sleep over it? No. . .

My deep respect goes to the guy who went out, took the risks, spent the time and money, and got this thing DONE. Long may he prosper from his own efforts. As a consumer, I get choices.

I am a big fan of 100%, original, genuine reproductions.

Without them, there would be tens of thousands of Corvettes that looked like shit because they would be missing parts, honked up parts, or have incorrect looking parts on them.  AZ Doug

If it is a reproduction, it maybe authentic, but it can never be genuine.

Your second point about Corvettes"looking like shit" for lack of, or incorrect looking, parts is absurd. Any faithfully recreated part (for engine, interior, body, wheel, etc) that has a mark identifying it as a newly manufactured replacement part isn't going to alter the factory look one bit. In fact, the only person who could possibly be frustrated by a part that, although looked and functioned as the original, but had a date of manufacture, or builder's code, are the ones who want to defraud a buyer, or cheat a Bloomington Judge.

TSMG Guy,

To say that anything with a tell tale mark on it to denote time of manufacture won't sell is also absurd.

If there are no other identical looking parts available without this subtle mark, then the buyer would either continue using a wrong looking part, or take advantage of the authentic part, even though it has a discrete mark on it.

To say that people wanting a flat ejector for their Colt TSMG's would not buy GH's if there was a "GH" mark on the inside face, even though his part is the only game in town, outside of the scare originals, is quite revealing.

Even PK says that GH might have indeed marked the part. So if it is marked, and he sells out of his limited production run, that would pretty much invalidate your theory.

GH has his ad on the Sturmgewehr Board with this additional bit of info:

"This limited run was made in the US of A, and the quality controlled by me.

No, these Ejectors are not marked. However, I know the difference."

I don't think GH being able to differentiate between the original and his copy is going to help the guy buying this part six months from now at a gun show. I suppose they could stop the transaction and FEDEX the part to GH for verification and then consummate the sale.

So it looks like we won't be able to challenge your theory after all.

i just sold a 1928a1 savage,with a flat ejector in it.never checked to see if it was repo!!since it came from a p.d.from the 60's..i figured they never changed it.wink!!

on the flattie issue buy them if you need them,

the next stage goldplated thompson parts as jewelery to wear at gun show's...i can see it ejector's, trigger's, hammer pin's...extractor's...and for the really big fella, bolts and actuator's around the neck,with nice gold chain!!

yep the next 'stage"

for sale: original gold plated 21 actuator>$975.00 wear it with pride.made in u.s.a.double wink!!

take care,ron

oh!! and what happened to that sammie new-bee..??the post should be right up his alley.

he clammed up quick when i posted...frikkin pimp!!

I agree that placing a maker's mark, in an unseen when installed place, on a repro part is a good idea and will neither detract nor hinder sales of the item if it is actually needed. I had an completely authentic Confederate "CS" belt buckle I bought 25 years ago that had "Reproduction" stamped on the tongue of the belt hook and no one ever saw it unless I showed it to them. I see no difference here. To me it's like Major Thompson having the "secret serial number". If it can be placed where it can be used for autheniticating the origin of the item but not a glaring out of place "in your face" farby stamp.. Why not do it??

QUOTE (PK. @ Oct 28 2004, 07:09 AM)

As someone quite familiar with the manufacturing process I feel somewhat qualified to say that if he has made these just as the originals were, $90 is a bargain. There is more scrap removed than there is part left on that one, add thread timing and polishing,

I looked at these some years ago, and wondered how the threading was even done. It would either take some sort of special fixture to hold it in a lathe, or maybe a die was used? I agree, to mill this out of solid barstock, originally, seemed not efficent. I am surprised the originals were not made as three piece assemblies

Doug

Ron,

I'm interested in two of your GP 21 actuators. Please email me with ordering information including S&H charges. Will you be marking them with "plated by______"? (wink-wink-wink!).

Thanks in advance, Bob D

Those Lyman rear sights would look great with a little auric mist as well.