A Folding Stock Question

TopN

I have seen Folding Stocks marked of the as BM59 Pc and others as BM59 TA. Plus some with no markings that I have assumed ( :nutkick: ) to be late replacment wood like Andy use to sell.

What is the difference between the between Pc & TA wood? Is there any difference in the wood? :unsure:

I'm assuming (again :nutkick: ) that it is the wood and not the metal & plastic parts that are different.

If the Stocks are the same - wouldn't the Italians have marked them BM59 TA-Pc like they did with Winter Trigger, and the Trigger & Sear assy? It would have simplified their supply system.

I know from looking at pictures that the Pc barrel has a different profile, maybe the Pc stock is inletted for that - I'm guessing here.

Anybody have both a TA & a Pc marked stock in their collection? I only have a TA.

Thoughts on this?

TopN

TopN - Thanks for the photo. I hadn't seen a "Pc" marked folder before. Anybody got one of each type for comparison? There is a similar situation with the "TA-Pc" marked trigger and sear assemblies. They appear to be identical to unmarked trigger and sear assemblies. Does anyone know the reason for these markings or lack of them?

MRJ

TopN - Thanks for the photo. I hadn't seen a "Pc" marked folder before. Anybody got one of each type for comparison? There is a similar situation with the "TA-Pc" marked trigger and sear assemblies. They appear to be identical to unmarked trigger and sear assemblies. Does anyone know the reason for these markings or lack of them?

MRJ

MRJ - There is a slight difference between a standard Trigger & Sear & a TA-Pc Trigger & Sear. But unless you put them side by side, you can't tell.

I've attached 2 pictures -

The 1st pic has 3 Trigger & Sears which are from L to R, BM59 Standard with auto sear, 2nd (middle) is a BM59 TA-Pc with auto sear, and 3rd is a Garand with semiauto sear (same trigger as 1st but different sear) Notice that TA-Pc trigger is about 1/8" longer. I've been told that angle of the curve is also slightly different.

The 2nd Pic is a Trigger Group with a TA-Pc Trigger & Sear. You can see bottom portion of the TA-Pc marking on the trigger while it's in the Trigger Group

Do you know what kind of Trigger & Sear is in your BM59/62/69? :unsure:

post-56709-1276923759_thumb.jpg

post-56709-1276924165_thumb.jpg

About the Triggers and Sears, if your Sear is different than the pictures - the upright portion is inbetween in height & thinner front to back, it's probably an M14 Trigger & Sear.

Here is a picture of the 2 winter triggers. I have stacked them on top of each other to show the different shapes. The area between the lines indicate where the backs of the triggers are even.

post-56709-1276959121_thumb.jpg