Source For Xx Mags?

Looking to buy four XX mags for presentation in "police case". Any suggestions ? Thanks, Michael

Don't expect What a Countrys mags to look good. Just received 5 more. Most are shooters only. Pitted, bent and wouldnt feed until I used the anvil on lips.

Two weeks ago there was a dated mag in excellent condition on Ebay - it sold for over $200. - ONE mag!

QUOTE (Ron A @ May 5 2004, 10:19 AM)
Don't expect What a Countrys mags to look good. Just received 5 more. Most are shooters only. Pitted, bent and wouldnt feed until I used the anvil on lips.
Two weeks ago there was a dated mag in excellent condition on Ebay - it sold for over $200. - ONE mag!

How were they able to have the auction last that long?

If its the one I am thinking then they must have stated it held 10 rounds.

Jim from Fl - to answer your question:

The mag sold for $207.25 item #2239462272 - the auction started on 4/18 and went until 4/25. The seller didn't say how many rounds the mag held, just showed photos of the mag. He had 18 bids.

You could always take the mags, and make into parts and sell as parts.

Saw 2 dated XX at a gun show, didn't buy them, they were asking 100 each. From what I saw they looked refinished..

I wish I would have gotten their business card or something, but the parts they had were high by all standards.

$18 for an extractor to me is high no matter where it came from.

QUOTE (LSU Tiger @ May 5 2004, 06:37 PM)
Where would one find this anvil & how is it used?

ditto, except for the how to use part http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Glenn Whittenberger is the one who has been selling the mag anvils. As I recall, he gets $50 for one. He did a post recently for the M1/28 recoil springs he is selling, so I suggest you contact him about the anvils.

Roger