Colt 1918a2 Browning Automatic Rifle on gunauction

Very limited number of people qualify as buyers of Pre 86 Dealer Samples. Even when it comes to those condition can mean a lot. In this case since it has been polished and reblued I would not buy it.

He may be too late to educate on why if he dies the gun does not have to die with him, it can be transferred to another SOT from his estate? That's likely going to be easier than rounding up torches and gas bottles for the executor? Course the easy answer is lower the price or transfer it to another nearby SOT for easy disposition while retaining ownership? Clearly this guy is one step short of a president in mental faculties.

• 2 weeks later...

To the OP's question - it has not been purchased because seller is over priced by $2-4,000. Pre may BARs sell for about $10K in good shape. Refinished and blued is "off normal." Guns were parked.

Sounds like an under educated person.

an original 1918 COLT gun would be blued, and A2 would have been refurbed and parked when the A2 configuration was installed. either way, it is buffed and refinished pimperfic. still a $10,000 gun - at best. I have been watching prices on these for about 3 years thinking I would "pull the trigger" and get a 1918A2 again. just cant convince myself to do so.

• 1 month later...

WOW...everybody has an opinion. Well, here's my opinion. This owner can ask whatever he wants! He has a select audience as it is a DS, but, it reads " COLT " on the receiver. And that word " COLT " makes this rifle worth more than any other manufacturer of the BAR. If I had a SOT I would buy this rifle without hesitation. Everybody has an opinion and this is mine...