Kahr M1 Semi Auto

As some have seen I bought a Semi Auto Kahr a while back brand new, last time I got to shoot it I was shooting Winchester Commercial pack White box ammunition not Winny val pack when I was shootin Value pack it worked fine when I switched to the first line ammo we went down hill with feeding problems short stroking and doubles and tripples and an out of battery... No damage done to the weapon but it was dirty.

When the ammo would experience feeding malfs it was with the factory modded magazine with my replacement Seymore it functions fine usually then it began from that mag too. (only had time to prep one of the new mags.) when it malfs the shell looks sort of wrinkled sides are all wavy...

Strange I have not had a chance due to medical issues to check it out much but I did clean it up good and took a look at a few things perhaps if I get a little energy I will polish the chamber a bit and see if that helps.

Also the impossibly small bolt handle, Kahr makes an extended version which I ordered and finally received yesterday I installed it and boy does it ever make a difference. may be no need for the ez springs as long as there is something to grab hold of!

Any other suggestions as for the care and feeding? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Be sure to use 230 gn. FMJ ammo. I tried some 185 gn; and there was constant feeding problems. I went back to the range last week with 200 rounds of Wolf 230 gn. FMJ's and didn't have any problems whatsoever. Cheap ammo but still works very well. Dave http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Have you changed the mag release out for a non Kahr release, one that will let you use regular Colt mags or GI mags. If you are still useing the factory gun as is this could be the first problem. Of all the Kahr mags I have seen most appear to have the mag release hold cut by hand with a dremil tool.

I quit useing Wolf ammo as it left a coating in the chamber of my 27 and caused a buildup - it didnt happen in my 28. I also found in my Kimber handguns the buildup would also take place and the guns would fail to chamber a round fully at around 50 rounds.

The crap that was left in the chamber had to be cleaned out with hopies and a wire chamber brush, and it didnt come easy.

I know many swear by Wolf and many don't - I just don't like to have jams and will not purchase Wolf ammo.

Each gun is different and sometimes you just have to try different ammo to find what works.