A new rifle type for me

Of course, the timing couldn't be worse so I won't post this on social media I frequent because of my position at our college - it would become a lightening rod I expect. I've been wanting to get some type of AR-15/M4 platform for years. After winning the Henry Oilman Tribute rifle last fall I decided to sell that one to fund this one. Took a few months to sell and then, just as I was ready to order, the Edge started to be advertised so I opted to wait for one of them.

Here it is - a Springfield Armory Saint Edge in 5.56/.223 with a Vortex Strikefire II Red Dot sight. It's been raining all day - and likes like tomorrow will be a washout - so I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

Saint Edge 1.jpg

Edited by Devious6
  • Upvote 1

I like the M-LOK rail. Not sure about the Edge treatment. I have been keeping my eyes open for the regular Saint with M-LOK rail or maybe the new Saint pistol with the M-LOK rail. Nice rifle at a reasonable price. I believe the AR15 is the most popular sporting rifle in America. I love the light recoil of the 5.56/.223 at the range.

https://www.nrablog.com/articles/2016/1/why-the-ar15-is-americas-most-popular-rifle/

I like the M-LOK rail. Not sure about the Edge treatment. I have been keeping my eyes open for the regular Saint with M-LOK rail or maybe the new Saint pistol with the M-LOK rail. Nice rifle at a reasonable price. I believe the AR15 is the most popular sporting rifle in America. I love the light recoil of the 5.56/.223 at the range.

https://www.nrablog.com/articles/2016/1/why-the-ar15-is-americas-most-popular-rifle/

I had originally planned on just getting the M-Lok Free Floating Handguard version but just as I was ready to order the Edge came out. It had very strong reviews and since it had the same MSRP as the FFH version I went for it. If the rain ever stops here I'll get a chance to shoot it. I carried an M16 when I first got commissioned and later fired M4s but by that point my issue side-arm was an M9.

Looks like fun! I prefer the M-LOCK myself as it is a little stronger design than Keymod, not that you would ever get into that kind of situation. Hopefully eventually LANTAC comes oyo with their proprietary mounting solution.

I've been building a few lately. Almost done with my billet build. You can never have too many lol.

Andrew