I heard these existed, but this is the first I've seen

This is not a legal , registered reciever nor is it a legal registered part out of a kit .

I believe it is a one way ticket to the slammer .

I could be wrong , but I've heard of these and they are not legal to build a MG from as I understand it .

Someone or a group of someones tried to legally register some kits back when we could , THEY decided that because a M2 triggerguard was needed for the kit to work , THEY would choose to put the registration info on that ( because it was a big and strong part ) and THEY added the part to the " magic seven " .

Well , THEY anit BATF and BATF don't give a **** about their reading of the law .

Keep away .

Chris

THAT'S THE POINT ......THEY DIDN'T !!!!!!!

They approved the collecting of the seven parts and the marking of one of the seven parts with the registration info !

The trigger housing is not part of the deal in any way , shape , or form except in the eyes of " THEM ".

Are "THEM" going to pay your lawer bills and serve your term in prison for you ?

Chris

Good points ! They approved it but they probably didn't know what part was going to be marked ? I wasn't up to date when all this was coming to a head, did the BATFE mandate that only one of the seven was to be marked ? I have no interest in buying it as I already own a legal kit. Just thought it was interesting.

They say what needs to be marked . On a gun , it is usually the reciever . On Browning 1919 types it was the right side plate . On some Maxims it was the right , some the left . Some guns have an upper and lower reciever . On Ars it's the lower , uppers on the Thompsons . On these kits they said one of the seven , but never said which one . Most used the rocker due to size and softness , but some used the disconector due to the fear about the rocker's life span . The trigger housing was never part of the kit , so never an option , as was niether the slide nor stock .

Chris

They say what needs to be marked . On a gun , it is usually the reciever . On Browning 1919 types it was the right side plate . On some Maxims it was the right , some the left . Some guns have an upper and lower reciever . On Ars it's the lower , uppers on the Thompsons . On these kits they said one of the seven , but never said which one . Most used the rocker due to size and softness , but some used the disconector due to the fear about the rocker's life span . The trigger housing was never part of the kit , so never an option , as was niether the slide nor stock .

Chris

Sorry, but I have seen the following parts registered for a M2 conversion: SLIDE, trip lever, hammer, disconnector, selector, sear, trigger housing.

Because so many different parts have been registered before the May '86 ban, the ATF goes into convulsions when people call them to verify if a M2 part that's registered is legal. Keep in mind that practically nobody that was around back when they registered that stuff is no longer currently working at the ATF.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

I previously owned a M2 registered trigger housing purchased back in 2005 and paid 4500 for it if I recall. Did not know they were "rare" when I purchased or sold it!!!

Now I have a registered trip lever that I purchased for $8000 in 2016. Not sure what they go for now but plan to hold onto this one!! I could have purchased an m2 conversion back in the early 90's for $1200.

See the stickie posts on this very subject. One of them gives a primer on the M2 stuff. I have a transferable M2 trigger housing. Flemming of Grants Pass OR USA. The M2 Carbine BATFE rules and regulations are kinda interesting. Also complicated. Some learning curve necessary but easy and fun. Enjoy. :)

Edit: I am having a program program problem. Not this excellent Forum. Hope you can read the above. What I am texting is not what is arriving. Yikes! :(

Edited by HB of CJ

See the stickie posts on this very subject. One of them gives a primer on the M2 stuff. I have a transferable M2 trigger housing. Flemming of Grants Pass OR USA. The M2 Carbine BATFE rules and regulations are kinda interesting. Also complicated. Some learning curve necessary but easy and fun. Enjoy. :)

Edit: I am having a program program problem. Not this excellent Forum. Hope you can read the above. What I am texting is not what is arriving. Yikes! :(

Read you just fine, friend.

I also have a registered M2 trigger housing. Manufactured by John Norrell of Jacksonville, AR.

I have a FOIA copy of the Form 2, showing that the trigger housing was properly registered in 1985, and several FOIA copy Form 4s, showing that the trigger housing has been lawfully transferred several times.

Edited by MontanaRenegade86