Kerr Sling

There was a recent sale on Ebay for a US 1917 Kerr Web Sling that was advertised for use on the 1917 Enfields, Thompsons and shotguns. It has the "NoBUCKL" marking. This sling sold for $192.50. (See link).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2212219386

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the Thompsons only used the US Kerr M1914, not the M1917 (which were for the Enfield rifles).

Now there is another US M1917 out on Ebay for sale. It'll be interesting to see how the bidding goes on this sling. (Check link out).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...1&category=4720

I realize the sling that sold was in excellent condition, as stated on Ebay, but 200 bucks. Do these slings really go for that kind of money. (At least on Ebay, this one did).

What do ya'll think...?

Bosco

Why on Earth would anybody pay like that when they can pick them up at un shows for $25-$40 each. Hell I'll have a dozen of them at the next show in town! I might even let one of mine go for $192.50 to some knot head who has no clue.

I just bought three of them at the SAR show in Phoenix for $35.00 apiece, they were all brass in excelent condition.

Tino

While the Kerr sling has a 1914 date on the buckles (the patent date), It's USGI nomenclature was sling, rifle, model of 1917. It wasn't popular with troops, and large stocks of them were left over and issued with WWII TSMGs. It was reproduced during and after WWII for issue with M1 and M1A1 guns, and for guns provided to foreign governments as military assistance. Regards!