On this day in history 34 years ago

I did write Trump suggesting that he could declare a 90-day NFA Amnesty if he really wanted to drive the Libs crazy! I also pointed out that the law does not limit how many times he could declare an Amnesty, just that each one could only be 90 days long.

"The amnesty period statute (section 207(d) of the GCA) is codified in United States Statutes at Large (Volume 82, 1969, page 1236), as follows:

The Secretary of the Treasury, after publication in the Federal Register of his intention to do so, is authorized to establish such periods of amnesty, not to exceed 90 days in the case of any single period, and immunity from liability during any such period, as the Secretary determines will contribute to the purposes of this title." (Thanks to Dan Shea for this)

Sine ATF is now part of DOJ, the role of Secretary of Treasury would fall to the Attorney General, William Barr. Likewise, if William Barr decided he was ready to PO the Democrats, declaring an Amnesty would be a great way to do it!!

I was hoping we could get it reversed under President Trump.

Maybe in his 2nd term?

It was a solution for a non-existent problem.

I learned along time ago to watch what people do instead of what they say:

1. Bump stock Executive Order (I'm not a fan of bump stocks but the longstanding position of BATF was it did not constitute a machinegun under the 1934 NFA, and it's simply nothing more than an inanimate object).

2. "I don't like silencers" after Jr. promoted them on SilencerCo prior to election and led us to believe better times were coming.

3. What happened to national concealed carry, which should have been passed the first two years of the Trump administration.

4. Ditto Hearing Protection Act.

A lot of broken promises for someone who claims to be our best friend.

What do you think he will do if he does not have to worry about reelection if his prior stated position was he didn't like "assault weapons," (i.e., AR-15s, etc.).

I know my friends from those who claim to be my friends, and will spend my money accordingly and vote the same (of course the problem is there isn't a good alternative--not good).

Last I recall, all of these things need to come through congress first? Congress has been run by liberals since the day he took office (and I'm including Paul Ryan as a now out of the closet liberal and he had me fooled for many years). If you think the chubby old lady wearing two girdles and calling the other guy obese is going to pass the hearing protection act and allow us to exercise our constitutional rights I think you are dreaming? The NY gov. is literally handing out death sentences to thousands of people and gets no criticism at all? After watching all this I now see how easy it must have been to get people to walk into the showers?

As for "unhinged", if you really paid close attention to what goes on in the swamp he's the most stable person there, but under daily attack and often from members of his own party. I was in a city this morning and was approached by a liberal there and finally he brings up Trump and criticizes him for being the only one not wearing a mask while touring the mask factory. I tried twice to explain that if everyone else in the room is wearing a mask, and one is not, he and they are all still protected from each other, but he couldn't grasp the concept? I still can't grasp how a seemingly well educated recently retired banker could not understand it? I told him I didn't need a mask either since I got vaccinated in China last month......which I predict will be a partially true statement soon.

The House of Representatives, the U.S. Senate, and the White House were all controlled by Republicans from 2016 to 2018. They could have done anything they wanted to do, and they did. For example, they passed a tax cut that put us over $1T in debt this FY which is now expected to hit $4T this FY. Unfortunately, they didn't do much for us between 2016 and 2018 when they could have, and in fact did some things like the EO bump stock ban that potentially set a precedent for more administrative action bans to come. Not good IMO.

And signed by Ronald Reagan. I think RT has posted in the past about the NRA's (Wayne L.) involvement in this betrayal of the NFA community. I haven't forgotten.

Reagan signed the bill after Wayne LaPeirre and crew promised up and down that the NRA would fight to pass corrective legislation at a later date. So far the NRA hasn't lifted a finger toward that aim.

https://timeline.com/nra-machine-guns-1986-265cb939c77c

• Upvote 1