Horizontal Forearm

Ya can't go wrong with Dan's woodwork, I completely agree. The '28 rear grip that he sent me was 100% "dead on" for accurate measurement, all around! (If I'd said 110% I guess that would mean it was too big). It's nice to keep it "in the family" here on the board for supplies needed.

Regards,

Ron

Thanks guys! I ordered one today. 9 smackers for a screw WHEW!! LOL I tried to order a sling swivel and screws, but they kept showing a Springfield buttplate. Do any of you have an extra you could sell me with the screws?

Gentleman,

Be very careful when attempting to order newer 27 parts/retaining bolts if using on original Tommy frames, grip mounts, etc. It is my understanding that the threads are cut to different specs. If they fit fine....great. If they seem snug then most likely the threads are different. Just a heads up. I was not sure if you were working on Semi, F/A, displays, etc.

Post some pictures when your projects are complete!

Brent

P.S. I have one of Dan's grips on my Semi and it is quite comfortable....great work http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

The only machine screw size used on Thompsons is #14-24. This size has not been common since WWII.

A/O Kahr does not consult with me prior to making engineering changes http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif , but the guns I have seen that were made in the last year and previous have still used this thread.

FWIW