SOLD "Full Auto Vol 4 : Modification manual"

SOLD

Hi

I do not need this manual, no intention of modification !

Semi-Auto Thompson Modification Manual

8.5" X 5.5, 28 pages, English

1982 Desert Publications

I propose $20, including shipping (will cost $7 for me, tracked bubble letter)

Edited by paulsavoy

• 3 weeks later...

The book is ready to be shipped, and i do not have acces to a scan.

I'm sure that a guy here will be hapy to scan you a copy.

This was one of the reviews of the book on Amazon where the book is only 13.00.

"More junk to be sold by title"

"this apears to be another book for someone to cash in on titles absolutely of no value to anyone just a catch you by title and make some money this book is not worth five dollars including shipping just enough information to keep them from being suied don't waist your money all this information is already in your head if you even thought about this subject"

FWIW

Edited by tray burge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The conversion requires making a piece that unites the striker and the bolt to modify it to open bolt, ie: fixed firing pin. I have seen adapters for sale pre-86 then the trigger group has to be modified also. I think the manufacturer of this conversion was Philadelphia Ord, not positive though.

Joe

The conversion requires making a piece that unites the striker and the bolt to modify it to open bolt, ie: fixed firing pin. I have seen adapters for sale pre-86 then the trigger group has to be modified also. I think the manufacturer of this conversion was Philadelphia Ord, not positive though.

Joe

To the best of my knowledge, prior to the May, '86 cutoff Daniel Hunter, dba Broadhead Armory, Wyandotte, MI legally made and sold 25 registered Thompson firing pins for use in the conversion of 27A1 Thompson semi autos to full auto. As noted, other modifications were needed, but it is my understanding that the special firing pin was the only part that required registration. I'd guess that the Thompson Full Auto Conversion Manuals are directed to such a conversion.

And FWIW, Mr. Hunter was also apparently sometime and somehow affiliated with George Dodson, dba SuPressOn, Detroit, MI. Mr. Dodson is generally credited with the invention of the AR-15 to M16 Drop In Auto Sear (DIAS).

Be well.