How Much To Fix The Auto Ordnance Thompsons

If you are handy you can make the mag catch alteration yourself, and pick up some GI mags. In most cases that will increase the reliability greatly.

For the magazine catch modification info check the FAQ. With a GI mag you would have about $20.00 in the project.

Certainly there is far more that can be done.

Pin the compensator

Check for headspace, and chamber dimensions

Lot's of neat stuff cosmetically.

You might want to look at the old board list and do a search for Project X.

My M1 semi automatic worked fine out of the box from Kahr, not AO West Hurley.

The major thing I wanted to do is to put a short barrel on it so it is more authentic in appearance. Already on a form 1 and in the process.

I say get one, fire it and see how it does before resigning yourself to repair fees... someone may have already fixed it or your gun may be okay as is. I guess I am saying there is no point worring about something until you know, being its a hard question to answer.

Chris.

Edited by DC Chris

Chris is right- I had the same thoughts regarding my WH1928, ran 2 mags perfectly, 3rd mag gave me a heartattack...... it was a semi mag-reloaded the first 2 again and away it went. Either the first time it chokes or I have some spare time and its off to PK's Thompson Spa http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif (hahahahaa) for a new do.

m