Hardrede Making Friends Again

Original post: "CAN A MG34 BE FIRED WITHOUT THE PISTON ROD PIN THANKS IN ADVANCE "?

Bubba Naess replies: "Ain't no such part on a MG-34"

Hardrede, expert in all matters: "Yes there is, and no you shouldn't!"

Bubba: "That's the frickin' barrel return plunger . . . retaining pin and spring, not a "piston". Don't fire the gun without this in assembled, functioning condition, as it is necessary for the return of the barrel to forward rest after every round. Rearward motion of the barrel from rest on firing is what unlocks the bolt from the barrel extension. Gun will hardly function without it as then bolt must push barrel foward on chambering a live round which will use up enough energy to slow the bolt and stop the gun. Op rods are pistons. Calling the barrel return plunger a "piston" is very confusing.

Occurred to me later that this is what you might meant. FWIW "

Hardrede: "I'm sorry, but parts suppliers disagree with you!" And lecturing Bubba further, "And BRMCII, FWIW, I think you are confusing a "gas" piston, with a "piston." This part could also be called a "barrel recouperator", "barrel return piston", etc. It is NOT a "gas piston" in the sense of a cycling the bolt. It is a piston in the sense of keeping components in place so that the barrel and bolt assembly function properly."

Bubba: "PARTS SUPPLIERS!??!!? Bwahahahaha. Well, pardon me, I guess after 35 years of handling/collecting/repairing/manufacturing/buying and selling MGs I'm pretty confused and sure do need some schooling from you and the parts suppliers on what parts are called and what they do. Randall, you are a piece of work! What is the NFA world coming to? FWIW "

Hardrede: "Bwahahahaha. Yeah, I guess the largest supplier of MG34 parts kits to the USA is an idiot, right??? You really are a peice of work yourself!!! It is people like you that are going to kill this hobby/business for good!!! BTW were you this arrogant over ALL of your 35 years of 'experience?' "

What can I say except I'm glad Randall chooses not to visit here anymore.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semiforu....cgi?read=68037

phil sometime's some opinion's we have on other's should be just best kept to ourselve...

let the first one who has not made a gun mistake cast the first loaded belt..........wink!!

however i do get a kick on reading all the problem's in the gun world..and do you notice alot of the time's we cause it to ourselve.

must have been during puberty, and the male found out he liked gun's...and the rest is {history}

and then the rest of the whole world had to follow.

however not to fret too much...we all will pass, and it will all be meaningless anyhow!

except maybe for a smudge on some long lost story, on some long lost memory,on some long lost wild child.

mg-34 nice gun's, too well made and subject to jam's.

that is also one of the reason's they went to the 42.

don't ask, i had them and fired them also.

have fun,with this stuff.

glad to know hardred is resting someplace.

MYRON COHEN" "everybodie's gotta be someplace"

take care,ron

Can't fly a mixmaster on a ASEL ticket. It requires a AMEL, which is then limited to centerline thrust. Do a VMC demo with an examiner, and that is removed. It's a slow beast; you'll do well to see 160 kts. Had my first engine failure in one and was initially hard pressed to identify the bad engine as manifold pressure was normal.

To keep this post topical, "rat-tat-tat-tat-tat!"

Yep, kind of a pig (VNE 173K) compared to the Aerostar, but I'm not in a hurry anymore. It turns more heads than the old plane did and the racks add a special touch.

It does feel like a jet compared to my PA28-140 however.

It makes a lot more noise than the cherokee too....

My only experience with the 337 is right seater. Lots of noise but it flew like a cessna.

I preferred my Bellanca Cruisemaster because it flew nice and the tailwheel was on the proper end. I flew a buddy with a couple Thompsons to a gunshow in Phoenix one year too.....there, now back on topic.

hee hee hee...

Frank

We could if I hadn't sold the bellanca, and the taylorcraft. I'm out a planes.

I'll be flying the ohio ord truck to phoenix in december though.....you can ride the bumper.

Frank

What is the protocol for transporting mgs through airports? Do you have them boxed up or do you have to show them through security?