Finally Got A "real" Thompson

I finally got a genuine thompson M1A1 with GEG's and FJA's on it. Pre-86 dealer sample that I traded into and its pretty nice. It has a bit of wear on the park but looks and runs good. Seems to run a bit slower than the M1 or the 28A1 posties but it might be my imagination. Maybe I won't get bitched at now for only have posties I built myself....

Frank

Nice Frank. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif Congrats. Hope to see it soon. You going to the shoot in Richmond on the 11th-12th?

C.J.

And you wondered why anyone would like a Thompson? I think that was what you told me once. Sounds like the Thompson bug has got you Frank! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Congrats. Now lets see all the inspectors marks and what not.

Don't have any pics yet and can't post them here....I'll try sending to Mike when I get them. Ser # 328XXX with GEG on the left side twice as well as an FJA on the left right behind the magwell. He's right, I had little interest in tommies til I built one and shot it a bit. Last two have really screwed me up and now my first original gun is proof I got the bug. Like to have a 28 or even a 21 but I still like the watercooled stuff and ancient aircraft stuff too...

Frank

Hey Phil.. I have a sextant from some sort of military plane. Has a sticker on it that says it was repaired in 1956. Have the carrier bag and all. If you're interested in it to round out your Norden, let me know. Or anyone else that might have a need.

Ken