Colt Factory 1927?

I have been reading about these off and on, and my question is how do the internals differ? they are semi auto only but the selector is always pointing to were full auto would be? How many were made? I dont have any reference books on this variant so any pics and side by side comparison of the parts used in the lower would be of great help

The selector lever was milled to remove the cam so the rocker could not be lowered for full auto. The rocker also had a smaller hole for the selector's smaller diameter and a spring to keep it in semi auto position. There was a slot milled in the frame for the spring. None of this prevented a simple change of parts and return to full auto.

If you purchase " The Ultimate Thompson Book" by Tracie Hill from Collector Grade Publications , on page 162 and 163 The Model 1927 " Thompson Semi-Automatic Carbine" has detailed pictures of the parts and Frame modification. The pictured 1927A on pages 162 and 163 is 1 of only 7 I believe and know of that is transferable in the NFA registry. Just talking about Colt 1927's with all original parts gets me fired up. Love them Colt 27's !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If you purchase " The Ultimate Thompson Book" by Tracie Hill from Collector Grade Publications , on page 162 and 163 The Model 1927 " Thompson Semi-Automatic Carbine" has detailed pictures of the parts and Frame modification. The pictured 1927A on pages 162 and 163 is 1 of only 7 I believe and know of that is transferable in the NFA registry. Just talking about Colt 1927's with all original parts gets me fired up. Love them Colt 27's !!!!!

. So there are only 7 1927A Thompson's in the registry? How many 1927AC 's ? I suppose it would be a guess. Just curious. I think Gordon had a little over a 100 in his book , but some were exported.

. So there are only 7 1927A Thompson's in the registry? How many 1927AC 's ? I suppose it would be a guess. Just curious. I think Gordon had a little over a 100 in his book , but some were exported.

G.H.'s latest book is not complete on many of the 15,000 Colt TSMG. The Camden Police Department purchased six Colt Model No. 27A in 1928. Gordon Herigstat had accounted for three of them, #4390, #5239, #5286, but not their original purchase dates. This would mean there are way more than 7 in the registry.

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22136&hl=%2Bcamden+%2Bn.y.+%2Bpolice

Edited by Arthur Fliegenheimer