M1a1 Markings

I'm looking for opinions concerning stampings on a Savage M1A1 (S/N 607069) I'm considering.

1. Forend support is stamped "PME MONTY W VA". I'm guessing "MONTY W VA" is Montgomery, West Virgina. Any clue as to what PME stands for?

2. Also, I have a picture showing two marks, "P" and "O", which appear on the bottom face of the lower where the buttstock attaches. They flank either side of the aft screw hole. In this same general area the letters "GEG" are stamped. I know the significance of "GEG" but what's with the "P" and "O" marks?

3. Finally, to the side of the "S" manufacturer mark (Savage) which also appears on the lower, but on a different face, the number "3" appears. Could this represent the rebuild year, 1943?

I'd be happy to send the pic to someone if they'll send me their e-mail address. Thanks!

PME, MONTE, WVA is the approved abreviation for Precision Machine in Montgomery, WVA. They probably imported your gun from overseas or maybe did a ReWat or reweld on it. All importers are required to stamp their name and location on all firearms imported. BTW, Precision was in business from 1977-1979 in Montgomery before moving to Beckley in 1979. They were there from '79-'84.